Monday, October 29, 2012

BITE Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick Trio

I'm always looking for perfect nude lipsticks (not chalky, not too light, not too orange). When I saw that BITE had a new Luminous Crème Lipstick Trio in Natural Nudes ($36), I was intrigued. I like BITE lip colors, and the shades looked pretty online.

Here is what hooked me...

A deluxe trio of Luminous Créme Lipsticks in universally flattering, moisture-rich nudes. This beautiful trio features sophisticated, neutral shades that can easily take you from the office to date night. Plus, with every application, delivery of super antioxidant resveratrol fights free radicals with potent long-term age-repair benefits. Each lipstick contains the resveratrol equivalent of five glasses of red wine.

Resveratrol? Moisture? Three new nudes to try? The set went right into my basket at Sephora online weeks ago. Now that I've had a chance to play with them, I'm pleased that they were a good buy.

The shades shown above are listed in CPR order: Cava, Pepper, and Restina. Their nicest feature after their intense hydration? The pink shades! When you think of nude, you normally think of flesh tones, right? These are pink tones - and I love that.

I took swatch photos in full sun, in the same CPR order, top to bottom on my arm. I wasn't expecting Crème lipsticks to be as sheer and they are, and the shine, while not nearly as intense as it looks in full sun, is attractive.

Cava is a blue pink - very light and the closest to nude on my lips. Makeup artists love these shades on me, although I like a little more color. Pepper is my favorite. The neutral rose is stunning. Restina is a pretty warm pink with just a touch of peach. As you can see, Pepper offers the most color.

These lipsticks are made with lip nurturing natural and food-grade ingredients that are healthy enough to eat. They do not contain synthetics, polybutene, or petroleum byproducts - a nice feature when you think about how much lipstick and lipgloss you ingest in a month.

I purchased my set at Sephora, which is the only place I shop where I've seen BITE Beauty. I think BITE is exclusive to Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

morelikespace said...

Yup, Bite is exclusive to Sephora. I've leapt on the Bite bandwagon myself and now that I see this post, I think I should explore more of their nudes!

Annick said...

I've been absolutely loving Bite lately! I have a mini lipstick of Pepper and it's probably become my favorite lipstick ever. Such a gorgeous shade!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kate!

I now have a lot of BITE lip colors I like. It's a nice brand.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Annick!

Isn't Pepper fabulous? Totally agree!

Tatiana said...

So glad to see you still have power! How windy and rainy is it?
Thank you for posting this one. I saw this trio on line and dismissed it, because I thought they would be the usual yellow beige nudes that make me look dead. I love how comfortable and moist Bite lipsticks feel. Need to order this for myself now. I thank you, my husband does not! ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

No power since 3:30. Trying to conserve cell.

grlnxdor said...

I need to check these out. I think I could wear all of them!

Evelyn said...

I did purchase Retsina the other day but it's not liking me. Swatched on my arm it looks great, then on my lips...I look like a corpse. I don't know what happened. lol oh well.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi grlnxdor!

I like all three, even if one is ultra-light. Pepper, though, makes it totally worthwhile.

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn,

I can see that. If you have some pigment in your lips - more than I do - it would be VERY light.

Irene said...

I went to Sephora yesterday to purchase my usual Buxom lip gloss, Dolly and lipstick, Vegas when the BITE display caught my attention. I made a leap out of my comfort zone and purchased their limited edition Bite Library. I played around with the colors most of the evening and I quickly decided that I LOVE this brand. I am going back this morning to purchase another "library" and also a lip gloss.

I came across your site after "googling" for reviews for BITE.

Best Lip Stick said...

i agree with you... :D awesome lens... thanks for share..