Saturday, October 27, 2012

Giorgio Armani Beauty Gloss d'Armani Supreme Lasting Wet Shine from the Skin Lacquers in #516 and #518

When Giorgio Armani Beauty had a 15% discount online recently, I ordered some things I needed and was enticed to try a few things I hadn't already purchased. I jumped at two Gloss d'Armani shades I didn't have, #516 (Coral) and #518 (Rosewood) from the Skin Lacquers Collection.

The Skin Lacquers Collection was introduced in June. All six shades looked luscious, so I gave three a try in June, selecting the most pigmented shades. This time I went for the more transparent colors. Gloss d'Armani #516 is shown above at the left, and #518 is shown at right.

The Skin Lacquers Collection presented a nude chromatic palette to enhance the lips and cheeks. An innovative approach to soft color fuses a shiny varnish with lip tone pigments bringing "natural color to perfection," inspired by the lacquered perfection of a flawless porcelain doll.

Exceptionally fine pearl particles, blended in a translucent base, wrap the lips in a smooth, supple enamel with high-shine reflecting pearls in suspension. The natural lip tone is enhanced and perfected with the dewy color of the gloss.

Armani suggested these glossy colors could be used as lip glosses or on the eyes and cheekbones. That's for the more adventurous. Every time I consider trying them on my eye lids, I have visions of my upper and lower lids sticking together - even though Rouge d'Armani is not sticky on the lips. I did try them on my cheekbones. I ended up with a sticky face. I'd consider these Wet Shine colors lip glosses - nothing else.

Both shades are sheer and juicy - very nice toppers for your favorite lipsticks. I took my photos in full sun, with #516 at the top of my arm and #518 below. The juicy peach (not coral) is very pretty. Rosewood? I'd say that's a stretch. More like a beautiful neutral or warm pink.

I'm always happy to use discounts to add to my Giorgio Armani Beauty wardrobe. The wet shine that comes with these colors appeals to me - even if the rest of the fashionable world is in velvet finishes this season.

You can purchase these shades wherever Giorgio Armani Beauty products are sold or at Armani's Web site. Let me know if you try the unusual applications.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

5 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I love the Rosewood shade. I've never tried Armani gloss. But they look gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

These are very sheer and pretty. I can't imagine putting them on my eyes, though. I know Vaseline is an old trick of MUAs, but that's not my thing. :)

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Rosewood was the first Gloss d'Armani I purchased--I LOVE the color and I love the formula. I do wish it were a touch more pigmented and looked a little more like it does in the tube on the lips. Still, it's pretty and it feels so cushy and wonderful on!

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Becca. Just a touch more color would be perfect.

EllenB said...

These glosses would be wonderful if only they were opaque. I feel like they are a waste of money when they are practically see-through.