Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Clarins Rouge Prodige True Colour & Shine Lipstick from the Ombre Minérale Fall Color Collection

Clarins Rouge Prodige True Colour & Shine Lipstick...
An unrivaled formula that delivers long-lasting lip color, shine, and hold that lasts for hours. High-fidelity Pearl technology ensures that color and shine stay true for hours while this creamy, rich texture provides nourishing skin care benefits to lips. A wide range of colors to choose from to create your own glamorous look. 

Seeing new Rouge Prodige True Colour & Shine Lipstick ($24.50) shades for fall - the Ombre Minérale Color Collection for Fall 2012 - I dove in. I purchased Fig, shown at the top of this feature and on the left in my photo above, and Orchid Pink, shown on the right. Both are limited editions. Both are so gorgeous I gasped when they arrived.

I swatched in full sunlight. The photos show the shades pretty well, although it may have lightened their appearance just a tad. They will definitely be just a bit darker on your lips, which have their own pigmentation.

Fig is shown at the top of my arm, with Orchid Pink below. Both lipsticks are sheer, shiny, and hydrating - my kind of lip color.

How could one choose between them? I had to work hard to keep my hand from ordering Dark Cherry and Spiced Orange, the other two new shades. I could be on the road to Dark Cherry. After seeing these two in person - and knowing how they look online - I'm confident their sheerness will mitigate the darkness in the tube of any of the shades.

I will keep one of these new shades with me at all times over the next few months, probably  Fig because it works with all colors. The hydrating formula suits me nicely, so I can use it to give my lips a drink.

I ordered my Rouge Prodige True Colour & Shine Lipsticks from the Clarins Web site. It was easier than seeking out a Clarins counter.

Photo at top courtesy of Clarins; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

CG - This is a timely review. I am waiting to buy a Clarins lipstick (or two) this weekend at The Bay's Clarins GWP event. My mother has used their foundation and lipstick for years and loves the products.

Victoria said...

Wow, those are big swatches!
Beautiful colors! I always love it when new colors come out, so much fun.

EllenB said...

CGirl you always pick the prettiest lip colors! my favorite of the two would be the bottom swatch. That's my kind of color!

Tatiana said...

Those are really pretty. I think I like the fig just a tad more. Do they have any fragrance to them? That's always the deciding factor for me in purchasing lipstick.

Soni said...

YES!!! I love hydrating & sheer lip colors. Fig WILL be mine. (tonight when I go to Nordstrom - hee hee!!)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Maureen!

Perfect timing! Glad I posted this instead of another product.

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Victoria. It's the thrill of finding new color you love.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ellen,

You know where you can find it. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tatiana,

Yes, they have a fragrance (fruity) that dissipates pretty quickly. Glad you asked.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Soni! Enjoy!