Monday, October 22, 2012

CREED Fleurs de Gardenia

Sixth-generation master perfumer Olivier Creed looked beyond our time to revive the innocence and first bloom of love with the new  Fleurs de Gardenia ($260) fragrance for women. In his French country workshop, he blended First Love gardenias, which grow only in pairs, to rewrite romance the way we first felt it - a pure, gentle, dreamlike reality of fluttering hearts and soaring spirits. Double Blush roses, lavender peonies, and other gems chosen by the young generation of the House of CREED become the master perfumer's portrait of how love was...and can can be again.  Fleurs de Gardenia's feminine bottle seems to blush with the heady romance of this new perfume.

I've got samples, and I adore it! Characterized by words like translucent, delicate, ethereal, stimulating, bright, and romantic, Fleurs de Gardenia is a return to romance.

It's available this year only at stores that are being visited by Erwin Creed. Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria is one of them. He will be at Tysons Galleria on November 14. Fleurs de Gardenia will be widely available in the U.S. and Canada in 2013.

The top notes are pink berries; fresh, ripe blackcurrant; and engaging galbanum. The middle notes are First Love gardenias, Double Blush roses, lavender peonies, lily of the valley, and pink jasmine. The base notes are soft musk, pink patchouli (no, I cannot smell it at all), and Virginia Cedar.

I haven't been this excited about a CREED fragrance since Jardin d'Amalfi was introduced. OK, CREED fans, I know that wasn't long ago, but I adore this one.

To my nose, it's a floral blend in which no single flower is dominant - not gardenia, not roses, not peonies. It's soft and beautiful - and unique. That's a good thing. A lot of people find gardenia-heavy scents too sweet or too indolic. Not this one!

Fleurs de Gardenia will be available at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria on November 14. If you would like to reserve a bottle (possibly signed by Mr. Creed that day, call Wendy Grigelis or Francesca Camacho at Tysons at (703) 761-1600, extension 3303. I'll be there - wouldn't miss it.

For those who cannot meet Erwin Creed during his visit to a store this year (his schedule is here), the CREED boutique at 794 Madison Avenue in New York and CreedBoutique.com may offer a few bottles of this special fragrance in November before its national U.S. debut in 2013.

If you love floral fragrances, this fragrance is for you.

Photo courtesy of CREED

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Oh my heart is beating ever so fast at the description! I must reserve a bottle! Any idea as to price? Thank you so much for the review- you have great taste in fragrance so I always love your fragrance reviews!

Charlestongirl said...

Veronica, I am not sure, but it's something like $240 or $260. I meant to confirm and forgot. I'll find out today.

Thanks!

Walls said...

Can't wait! You have me chomping at the bit! Thanks for sharing, Charleston Girl!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Walls, hope you live somewhere on his schedule. If not, call a store that is. :)

Claudia said...

Oh gosh, this sounds beautiful, will definitely have to try this one. Creed fragrances are lovely all the way around. I am a fan.

Marta said...

My husband is obsessed with fragrance, and through him I've learned to covet Creed scents. There is something about a Creed fragrance: timeless without being dowdy, composed but never boring. We're not on the tour route, so I guess I'll have to wait. Thank you for the sneak peek!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marta!

I think it's wonderful to have a husband obsessed with fragrance! Where did you find that gem?

CREED fragrances are timeless. I love your use of that term. I like that CREED doesn't fall hard for every trend.

You can always call the gals at Tysons to order one. Ask for Francesca or Wendy at 703-761-1600 or call the CREED Boutique in NYC.

Jane at Daly Beauty said...

Oh! I wish I could find out if he was in Palm Beach or Bal Harbour, I'd love to try...buy....this. Sounds heavenly.