Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dior Diorific Vernis in Diorling from Le Grand Bal Collection Nail Lacquer for Holiday 2012

Somehow, I kept myself in check and only selected one of the four new and exquisite limited-edition shades of Dior's Diorific Vernis ($26) from Le Grand Bal Collection Nail Lacquer for Holiday 2012. The new shades - Diorling, Diva, Lady, and Marilyn - are amazing.

Gold always grabs me, so I went with Diorling. Dior advertises that the new lacquers complement the Rouge Diorific Lipsticks. The lipsticks didn't force me to pull out my credit card, but the nail lacquers did. The vibrant, high-shine polishes are encased in precious little glass bottles accented with gold toppers. If the other three are anything like Diorling, they will leave your nails perfectly polished.

Diorling's sheerness delighted me - even surprised me. I expected a shade with more holiday pizazz (a deeper color), but I am absolutely delighted by this elegant light gold shade (in some light, it appears to have a white gold hue). The color is speckled with micro-glitter. I took my photos in full sun, which shows off the sparkle. I applied only two coats, and the coverage was beautifully even. Just click on the photos to enlarge them.

Can you resist Diorling? For a $26 investment, you will have hands that grab everyone's attention with their ladylike glamour. You can tell I love it. I took many swatch photos - too many to show here.

I purchased my Diorling at Neiman Marcus. I wanted Diva so badly, but resisted. I am sure I'll cave if it's still available the next time I go into the store. It may not be. The Grand Bal Collection is selling at brisk pace. If I snooze, I may not snag it.

I'm sure you can purchase these Diorific Vernis wonders at all Dior counters. The Grand Bal Collection arrived at my local Neiman Marcus, where I purchased mine, about a week and a half ago. Nordstrom offers the four shades online.

Did you select a shade? What's your favorite?

Photos at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Evelyn said...

I got this one because I wanted something a little different from the deeper red shades I tend to favor, not that the other colors in those cute pots didn't tempt me. :) On me after 2 coats it looks like a silvery golden (how can those 2 go together? well they do!) beige. I'm wearing it at work today. :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, glamorous and makes a smashing holiday or any day look!1

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

One of the things I love about Diorling is that it's office-friendly.

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, JEM! Ditto!

Tatiana said...

Diorling is such a beautiful gold. I saw these at Bergdorf's this past week. The SA there said that the bottles were replicas of Dior's first packaging for nail enamels. How true this is, I don't know. I just know vintage Diorling is one of my favorite perfumes, so that led me to consider the polish. The only other one I would personally wear is the red. I tend to be pretty conservative in my makeup and polish selections.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog :) I love the way you talk about all things makeup and perfume and beauty relaated- i appreciate all the pictures you take, too, because i don't have access to many brands, and your pictures are worth a thousand words.
I did manage to see this collection-the white polish was my favorite, on my hands. I chose the Diorling lipstick, and I just adore it. This type of packaging came out around 1997 here in Canada-and it used to be a heavy little bar bell. i think the new packaging is lighter. Also the older packaging was a deeper gold, and hand one blue line around the middle.
The colours are amazing, and the coverage is smashing! Diorling is a beautiful vibrant deep red. Def. a statement red.
Thank you for your blog. I hope you and your mom are doing well :)
Sincerely,
Carole MacLeod

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Carole! Mom is doing really well. I'm pleased.

I love those darling little bottles. Dior should stick with them.