Monday, October 1, 2012

Giorgio Armani Cosmetics Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Palette in #1, Maestro

Giorgio Armani's new Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Palettes ($59) are said to offer the perfect matte with the perfect satin - the perfect match between colors and textures. I wasn't at all sure about that "perfect matte," but when I saw the palettes, I bought five - without hesitating. Today, I show you Maestro, #1.

I can't keep repeating all the superlatives that describe the new Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Palettes.  I have featured them twice, here and here. Please forgive me if I'm getting lazy. I had to get my 2011 tax information to my accountant under the threat that I might have to prepare my taxes myself. That was all it took.

Maestro (#1) is all about Armani grey. It's not just any grey, though. Check out these swatch photos, taken in full sun. Even applied heavily, as I did, with a sponge-tipped applicator, these shades are beautiful. They are sheer and buildable - a long-time characteristic of Armani's powder eye shadows.

All four shades nicely complement one another. I swatched in the same order, top to bottom, as they are presented in the palette. The silver at the top offers a beautiful shimmer, as does the Armani grey (or greige) shown below it. The deeper grey is matte, as promised in the marketing for these shadows. The charcoal liner shade is also matte.

I will get a lot of wear out of these silver and grey staples. When applied normally with a brush, they impart a glorious grey veil on my eyelids. They may not be as snazzy as the shades in Pantelleria (#3), but they will become a staple in my eye shadow wardrobe.

The collection still isn't available at Giorgio Armani Beauty's Web site, but you can buy it at Saks Fifth Avenue. I purchased mine at Chevy Chase.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Nemo said...

Love this. Are these going to be permanent or limited edition?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo, good question. I think they are permanent.

joy said...

Hi! I was checking out the Armani palettes and they're all gorgeous! Will you be reviewing Effeto Nudo #04? Also, I must say I love your blog! I've been visiting everyday for about a month now and I'm always very excited to see what you have to say about all the new beauty goodies. Thanks so much!

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl, I love a good grey palette and this looks beautiful!

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Joy, that's one of the ones I purchased. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey!

This one will be a staple in my eye makeup collection.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

It's got a warmth to it that I think makes it very wearable. Great choice!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

You have that MUA eye!

Soni said...

OoooOOooo!! That is really pretty. I'm chomping at the bit to order one (or 2)...but I'm going to wait to see all your reviews before choosing which ones to order. Lovely swatches!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, those are gorgeous shades and lovely textures. Great for holiday glam!

Virginie said...

Wow, I never bought any eye GA eye shadow, or one time, when I was much younger, but I think I wanna go see closer those little wonders...They look like gems!

Goya said...

This pallet is amazing, too bad I have a terrible allergy on these Armani quads...

Jodi K Gordon said...

Hello
I have family visiting Hong Kong- So I can choose just one of these palettes as I have other beauty purchases- I have my eye on Maestro, Pantelleria, or broze coral- need help please-

Charlestongirl said...

Jo, I can't help you. Go with your heart.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Thanks, CG!