Friday, October 12, 2012

Giorgio Armani Cosmetics Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Palette in #4, Effeto Nudo

Slowly but surely, I'm making my way through Giorgio Armani Beauty's new eight-palette Eyes to Kill Collection. As you know, I have been featuring them as I've been able to get swatch photos.

Today, let's take a look at Effeto Nudo (#04). If you want to know more about these new shadows and why they are unique, check out the coming attraction feature I published on September 24. If you would like to see the rest of the palettes I've featured to date, scroll down until you get to the first, #03.

I think my photo directly above shows the colors of Effeto Nudo better than Armani's photo at the top of this feature. This is a beautifully subtle palette - a reminder that no one does sheer fabrics like Giorgio Armani. While it will look great on everyone (in my opinion), it's going to be especially pleasing for those with fair skin.

Effeto Nudo (#04) offers "Armani's contemporary interpretation of the legendary Italian Claroscuro. A neutral bright beige highlights the lid with a stray beam of light, while the light matte and sandy taupe design the eye with Italian attitude. Specially designed for shaping the eye with shadows, the darker matte taupe warms up the finish with a touch of Mediterranean light. A rich tierra tone signs the magical painting."

Now, here's the real scoop. Every one of the shades in #04 is subtle and perfect for a natural look. I swatched each shade heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photos in full sun.

The top ivory shade offers shimmering elegance. The other three shades are satin or matte. The dove shade (second down) reminded me instantly of the beautiful doves that visit my bird feeder in pairs. The two brown shades, one a medium brown and the other a dark brown liner, provide a perfect contrast.

This is the new Eyes to Kill Palette for the woman who wants to take glamour to work. I may need an extra. It makes my eyes pop.

One thing I haven't mentioned in my prior features on the new Eyes to Kill Palettes is their amazingly long wear. I apply them early in the morning. When I get home from work, the colors on my eyelid look freshly applied. I'm impressed!

Finally, the eight palettes are available at Giorgio Armani Beauty's Web site. I have purchased my little collection of seven at both Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. Just in case you're wondering, you will not see the names of these palettes on the box or compact - only online.

Top photo courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

25 comments:

Nida Moughal said...

This looks amazing the second down color is so pretty.

Maureen said...

That is a lovely colour grouping. I am very fair with dark blue eyes, so it might be suitable for me.

Thank you for such detailed information about this shadow line.

Charlestongirl said...

Nida, the dove color is gorgeous. Depending on your skin color, it's either a fab base shade or light pastel shadow.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Maureen,

I'll be those dark blue eyes are gorgeous! This palette will look great on you.

Martha said...

This one is gorgeous! I was lucky enough to swatch some of the new palettes in person, and I feel like a few will be coming home with me soon.

Nemo said...

Want! WANT!

Nemo said...

Which of the 8 did you not buy?

Virginie said...

Why don't they put the name/ ref number on the item itself???

Eileen said...

Effete Nudo is such a classic set of colors. Based on swatch pictures, I was torn between Effete Nudo and Terra Siena. When I actually tried them at the counter, it was clear that Siena was the better match for my particular coloring. Nudo was just a tad too yellow based for me, but that is exactly what makes it so great for you blue eyed lovelies. See? Something for everyone :-) Armani's new collection really is special and I know I'll be going back for a few more. Not only are the colors so chic, but the quality of the shadows themselves is simply superb.

Karen Martin said...

Yeah I like the second one down too. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Will you end up buying the 8th palette ? :) These have finally arrived in Scotland, needless to say there's a parcel on the way..... Anne

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Martha,

Yep. Gorgeous. You are going to love them!

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, I saw Tim Quinn today. Tomorrow, I'm going to see which one he chooses to apply to me! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, I did not buy the blue one.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Virginie,

I have no idea. It's just an Armani MO. Probably a disconnect between Italy and the U.S.

Charlestongirl said...

Agree, Eileen, they are superb. I was talking to Tim about them this afternoon. He loves having such great material to apply!

Charlestongirl said...

Karen, the dove is my fave shade in this one.

Charlestongirl said...

Nope, Anne. I will show some willpower and let one go by. :)

lov2read68 said...

To borrow one of my favorite movie quotes = "You're killin' me Smalls!" I really would love to see some of these things IRL. I wish there was a way to narrow the search on the Armani website. Some of the stores it shows I know only carry fragrance - Ulta, Sephora.

Giovanni_Rocco said...

This quad is perfect for me. I enjoying nude colors so much because the are so easy to manage. On top of that they are always in style and elegant. I will be buying this quad with my next paycheck.

Lucy said...

I like the coolness of #4.

Charlestongirl said...

There is, Lov2read, but it's not obvious.

Are you near a NM, BG, or Saks?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Giovanny,

Perfect for me too! I hope you enjoy it. It's great for contouring too. Use a color - any color - to add a pop.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lucy, maybe that's why I love it so much. It's much cooler than the Armani photo makes it appear.

EllenB said...

Hi C-Girl! I'm a little late reading this post and I am trying to catch up...these palettes are all sooo gorgeous. If I had to pick one, I honestly wouldn't be able to make a decision. I love all of the ones you have swatched. Maybe I'll just buy a single eyeshadow. Knowing me, I'll love all of them, too!