Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Giorgio Armani Cosmetics Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Palette in #2, Terra Sienna

Slowly but surely, I'm making my way through Giorgio Armani Beauty's new eight-palette Eyes to Kill Collection. As you know, I have been featuring them as I've been able to get swatch photos. Today, let's take a look at Terra Sienna (#02). If you want to know more about these new shadows and why they are unique, check out the coming attraction feature I published on September 24. If you would like to see the rest of the palettes I've featured to date, scroll down until you get to the first, #03.

Terra Sienna (#02) offers a gradation from sunlight-infused sand to strong-earth Italian brown. A dewy beige for a pure mineral light blends perfectly with a shiny bright taupe that brings a touch of bronzed light. Like following the sunset, earth tones turn into a shaded hot brown and end with a powerful matte earth brown liner, perfectly balanced between darkness and lightness.

This is a palette targeted at neutral shadow lovers. I'm one. Once again, I was surprised - and delighted - by the soft shimmer the shades - two in this palette. The top two shades offer a lively finish, while the bottom two, one of which is the liner, are matte.

I swatched with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photos in "almost full" sun. I always swatch heavily. Remember that Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill powder eye shadows are relatively sheer and offer buildable color.

The top shade is a subtly shimmering ivory-champagne shade. It's a gorgeous base and also serves nicely when you want to blend some life into a matte shade. The second shade, a taupe to stir the hearts of taupe lovers everywhere, is drop-dead gorgeous. I could have had a palette with only these two shades, and I would have been delighted.

The matte brown is a chocolate brown - or as Armani calls it, a hot brown. The deep, dark chocolate liner shade is the perfect complement to the other shades in Eyes to Kill #02.

Leave it to Giorgio Armani to take brown tones and make them exciting. “Eyes to Kill palette colors were crafted like Mr. Armani designs fashion: to enhance women’s elegance and power of seduction," said Linda Cantello, International Makeup Artist for Giorgio Armani Cosmetics. Indeed!

Finally, five of the eight palettes are available at Giorgio Armani Beauty's Web site. I have purchased my little collection at both Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. Just in case you're wondering, you will not see the names of these palettes on the box or compact - only online.

Top photo courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

17 comments:

Evelyn said...

This makes me think I need to buy more neutrals! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn,

I am wearing the top two shades at work today, and I think they are gorgeous.

Eileen said...

This looks exactly like the kind of neutral palette for which I've been searching. The shades and combination of finishes will be perfect for shaping the eye area and adding a bit of drama when desired. Some neutral palettes are just so blah and yet there is really no reason for a set of neutrals to be boring. The right combination of undertones, textures, and finishes can produce an inspiring set and Terra Sienna looks to be just that :-) It's already on my must see list for when I visit the Armani counter tomorrow.

Nemo said...

Again, don't know what I'd do without you, Cg. You are the only blogger who is right there, all the time, with new things to buy. You make every day exciting!

joy said...

This palette looks great. I've been searching for a fancy neutral palette to take on holiday instead of the usual 5 or 4 (or 6!) single eyeshadows I bring with me. It's between this one and Effeto Nudo. Im so looking forward to the review for that one since I am unable to get a look at these in the stores. I also loved the Le Metier de Beaute Nouvelle Vague Kaleidoscope eye kit as a neutral palette for the season. Do you have a recommendation out of those 3? Thanks so much, CG!

lovethescents said...

Another beautiful palette....however, my issue with Armani is that the shadows are too sheer. I don't know how to build on them. I always use a brush. Do you suggest using a sponge-tipped applicator instead? What about a wet applicator? Might that help?

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Nope. I thought that the last GA palette you swatched was the one for me, but it's this one! Ahh...dreamy. And I think there's a lot of pigment to the browns. And the shimmer amount is perfect...and that's hard to get right.

Eileen said...

Hi Lovethescents,

If you see an Armani palette that really grabs you, try using a packing brush like a MAC's 239 to pat the colors in place rather than sweeping them on. Your EB brush is not really the best for packing color as it is an eye sweep/blending brush and is meant to smooth out the color rather than build it up. Something else you can try is using an eyeprimer. That will also intensify the color a bit. As for using the shadows wet, I've never used my Armani's that way so I can't speak to that. I'd ask at the counter before trying because not all shadows are wet/dry formulations. This next bit of advice is a no-brainer. Skip the palettes that are predominantly pastel. Those colors just won't show up well on your skintone and with your particular eye shape. You've tried them and they don't work for you. It is what it is. I'm going to send you a picture so you can see the difference between color packed on and swept on :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I'm smitten. :) Thanks for giving tips to Lovethescents!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Nemo! BTW, expect a LMdB holiday palette.

Charlestongirl said...

Joy,

I would select one of the two Armani palettes.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

Try Eileen's suggestions. Remember, a sponge-tipped applicator will deposit more color. I would not recommend trying to use Armani shadows with a damp brush.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

Armani almost always gets it right.

Crista said...

So gorgeous!! I can't wait till Nordies gets these!

Virginie said...

Another bang!!! Or whatever you wanna call it, damn I have to go get myself some of those....Why do I even wait?? ;-)))

Evelyn said...

I think this and Parma are going to go on my shopping list. Too many good things coming out all at once!

Anonymous said...

Hi , Charleston girl! Since you have most of the shades of those quads , I am thinking about getting 2 of them, what would you recommend for somebody with light skin and hazel eyes? I would appreciate your advise so much! :) I don't have Armani counter near me. Thanks, girl!