Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dior Celebration Collection Makeup Palette for the Lips

I purchased this snazzy Dior Celebration Collection Makeup Palette for the Lips ($65) at Saks Fifth Avenue. Called Palette de Maquillage pour les Lèvres in French, it's a perfect lip kit all in one relatively large compact. I focused my camera on the color and skipped the large mirror and velvet pouch. I knew you'd want to see the gorgeous lip colors.

Dior presents the runway look at your fingertips. Enhance your smile and adorn your lips with the palette's natural, dazzling colors.

On the top row of the palette, you'll find Crème de Rose Lip Balm on the left and Repulpant  Lèvres Lip Plumper on the right. There are two double-ended applicators in the palette  in case you get caught without your professional one while on the go. The Rouge À Lèvres Lipsticks are, from left to right, Mitzah Lilac, Pink Songe, and Star Fuchsia - all gorgeous. There is even a darling little Lipliner Pencil in the kit; it's #773, Fuchsia.

I took swatch photos in full sun. I didn't bother to swatch the Crème de Rose Lip Balm. It's clear on the lips. On my arm, you can see the three gorgeous Rouge À Lèvres Lipsticks at the top, listed from top to bottom in the order listed just above. The clear Repulpant Lèvres Lip Plumper is shown below Star Fichsia, just for fun. You can see it has almost no color. The stunning Lipliner Pencil is shown at the bottom of my arm. The pencil may be small, but the color packs a punch.

Here's a close-up of the three lipsticks. Aren't they gorgeous? They were applied heavily for my photos, but you can apply them more sheerly if you wish. Another photo of the colors in the full kit is shown directly below. Mitzah Lilac isn't really lilac, but it's a beautiful warm pink. Pink Songe isn't really pink. I'd call it carnation, but that's not terribly descriptive. Star Fuchsia is one of the prettiest bright pinks I've seen in a long time. All three colors offer a radiant finish.

Dior actually provides use instructions! I don't need them. I doubt you do either. Despite that, here goes.
  1. Prep your lips or hydrate them as often as needed with the Crème de Rose Lip Balm.
  2.  Line and define your lips with the Lipliner before applying lipstick (actually, I often do this after I apply lipstick).
  3. Adorn them with haute colour from the lipstick collection. Choose from the three dazzling shades to suit your mood. For a natural look, use Mitzah Lilac or Pink Songe. For a couture look, choose Star Fuchsia. 
  4. Finish with a touch of Lip Plumper for maximum volume and shine. The Lip Plumper can also be used alone for plumper lips and a natural, glossy look.
I'm smitten with this kit. Ordinarily, in a palette of this type, there's at least one color I'll never wear. I will wear every product/shade in Dior's Celebration Collection Makeup Palette for the Lips, which makes it a great deal.

To purchase it, you may have to call a Saks store. I can't find it online yet. I did find its sister eye palette, which I also purchased and will feature, at Sephora.

Update 10/2: Thanks to a sharp-eyed reader, here's a link to Nordstrom.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Viviana said...

Hi, I found it on Nordstrom website. They have both eye and lip palette

Charlestongirl said...

That's great JaJa. I knew when I looked that they had to be "somewhere." :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi JEM!

I'm pretty impressed.

lovethescents said...

Very pretty. I wonder how effective that Creme de Rose is....

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Pink Songe is GORGEOUS! I don't know that I'd wear the bright fuchsia lip color/liner, but it's tempting to get this palette regardless just for that lovely pink shade in the middle! :D

Anonymous said...

I saw this at the Nordstrom Trend Show this weekend. I showed restraint and didn't buy, but it's gorgeous. I had my makeup done by Chanel and felt obligated (and wanted) to focus on buying Chanel. But I want both the new Dior lip and eyeshadow palette. FAB! Thanks for your wonderful blog.

Lisa (texaspeech)

Charlestongirl said...

No better than Chantecaille's, LovetheScents. :)

Charlestongirl said...

You would wear it, Becca, maybe sheerly.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lisa, if you only want to buy one, but this one. I am featuring the eye palette tomorrow. It's really nice, but not as special as this one. :)

EllenB said...

I have never seen a palette quite like this one. Love the concept and I would probably purchase but I like my lipcolor to have staying power, and sheers never last very long on me. I really like the quilting design on the lipcolors. It's very pretty!