Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chanel Ombres Contraste Duo in Misty - Soft for Holiday 2010

The last installment of my Chanel Holiday 2010 Collection posts spotlights the Ombres Contraste Duo ($42) in Misty - Soft (#40). When I first looked at this eye shadow duo, it appeared to have too much lavender in it for my tastes. Rather than dismissing it as lavender, I swatched it on my arm. That was all it took for the duo to jump into my bag!

I'm pretty sure the model in Chanel's holiday look photo is wearing Tentation Cuivrée on her eyes, although Misty - Soft is consistent with Chanel's chocolate and fuchsia theme for holiday. Check out the photo of the compact and then look at how the shades translate on the skin!

The lighter shade is a lavender-tinged pink. The darker shade, rather than being a lavender-taupe as it appears in the pan, is a pure taupe. I think there are many women who will think these shades are perfect on their eyelids! I love them, and I love the pairing.

My photos were taken in full sun. You should be able to see that the lighter shade provides the highlights, while the darker shade provides the depth. This is a pairing that we can wear every day.

One last time, I'll let you know that this is a great time to look for the Chanel Holiday 2010 Collection in the stores. It just arrived, and you will want access to all of the items before they start to sell out. It's Beauty Week at Saks too. A pretty python-print tote (with a few samples inside) will be yours with any $100 purchase in the beauty department. Some counters have gifts with purchase. If you prefer to buy online from Chanel, you will have to wait for the company to post the collection on its Web site. Last time I checked, the collection was not available online.

What do you think of the collection? Love it? Yawning? Let me know when you get to see it in person. It's one of my favorite Chanel collections this year.

Top Chanel look photo courtesy of Chic Profile
Other photos by BTiB

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw the Holiday collection in San Francisco this week - LOVE the quad! Reminds me a bit of the Enigma quad, but just different enough for me to buy it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ava!

I agree. I have Enigma too, but it is different. And so tempting. I'll bet it sells out. Glad you got one!

Eileen said...

Ah, sweet Enigma! How long will we be comparing things to that extraordinary beauty? It really set a standard, didn't it? But, so has Tentation Cuivrée. I stopped by the Chanel counter today to take a look and ended up buying Tentation Cuivrée, the blush in Fuchia Tweed (you were right about them being baby sparkles), Rouge Coco in Magnolia, and the glossimer in Charming. Now all I need is a holiday party and I'm set to sparkle :-)

By the way, Magnolia is one of those pinks that can be played cool or warm depending on the glossimer. I like it with Rose Dilemma for cool Enigma, but with Charming for warm Tentation Cuivrée.

The eye duo in Misty Soft is another beautiful addition to my eye shadow collection. At a recent Chanel event, the MA used Misty Soft along with the new Inimitable Intense mascara in Purple. The green in my eyes really popped. By the time she finished with me, she laughed and said, "There you go, Eileen. Purple and green eyes. Aren't you the trendy one!".

Charlestongirl said...

That sounds like fun, Eileen! You remind me: I bought a new lip color. How could I have forgotten it?

Thanks for the info on Rose Dilmema! Sounds like a pretty, useful shade. I didn't even try the Rouge Coco shades while I was there.

I love the pairing of the purples and greens - must have been one of the good MUAs. Lucky you!

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl and other Chanel fans!
I do love this Holiday collection,I think I'll choose the Tentation Cuivrée as Misty-Soft seems a little purple... And I am happy: I asked at my favorite counter, the collection will be available in France in November (as I wrote before, our holiday collections arrive one month before Christmas!)

Charlestongirl said...

Definitely get the quad, Clarisse! It's the standout in the collection - the one item everyone should buy.

Unknown said...

Actually, I had the Kaska Beige quad in mind, not Enigma, which as you point out, Charlestongirl, is quite different from Tentation Cuivrée. There wasn't a Kaska quad available for me to properly judge, and I have yet to pick up Tentation Cuivree at Nordies, so I still don't know how similar the darker colors are. The both seem purply-brown, while the lighter colors in Kaska trend yellow, and the those in TC trend pinkish-lavender. However the comparison turns out, I'm likely to hit pan on TC too!

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, got it! Call and reserve this palette. It's a must-have, and you don't want to be shut out. :)

Unknown said...

Charlestongirl, I bought the TC quad over the phone while in San Francisco, when Nordie's Chanel sales associate called to invite me to last weekend's trendshow! Did you go?

nicci said...

I tried this duo last month and really liked it but still have not purchased. I want to get the new quad but I just started using the one from the Soho Collection. I need more restraint... :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nicci!

Like you, I haven't starting using my SoHo compact yet. I think TC may sell out, though. So grab and save! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, the Trend Show at Nordies Tysons isn't until next month! I did buy a ticket. If you want to go, you have plenty of time.