Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Chantecaille Hydra Chic Lipstick

There I was, assuming I would spend absolutely nothing on makeup today. Silly me! I logged into my e-mail early this morning and saw this new lipstick from Chantecaille. Naturally, I placed an order for two of the four new Hydra Chic Lipsticks ($30). How could I resist a hot ticket from one of my favorite brands?

Hydra Chic is a described as a modern full-impact lipstick that is hydrating and luminous with six hours of great color wear. Chantecaille promises that the product, packaged in a slim stylo-case for ultimate application control, will deliver elegant color with a natural satin finish. With one application, the texture is said to melt onto lips with a comforting and hydrating sensation. Natural extracts of papaya and orchid (the foundation for Guerlain's skin care) will help to soften lips and provide antioxidant and anti-aging protection. Raist, a natural sugar derivative, is said to provide immediate and comforting hydration. I have to learn more about raist. A quick Web search turned up the fact that it's sugar and more closely associated with baking than skin care.

Because happiness loves company, I had to share this with you. I will show you swatches of Trillium and Water Lily (the two shades I ordered) when they arrive. If you can't wait, head over to the Chantecaille Web site. The current special offer is a three-day introductory skin-care sample kit with a purchase of $150. I didn't spend enough money this time. Didn't even come close. Wasn't I restrained?

I assume that Neiman Marcus and other department stores with Chantecaille counters have or will have this new lipstick.

Photo courtesy of Chantecaille

2 comments:

Julia said...

I checked the website, and it's hard to determine the colors from the tiny swatches. Do you have any more shade info?
Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Julia, my box shipped, so I will add swatches when it arrives. :)