Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tim Quinn Event at Saks Chevy Chase

You heard it here first. Tim Quinn, Celebrity Makeup Artist for Giorgio Armani Beauty, wants to be a spy. After attending the premiere of Fair Game, the new thriller starring Naomi Watts as Valerie Plame and Sean Pean, who played Valerie's husband Joseph Wilson, Tim decided it would be fun to be a spy. He also thinks that a makeup artist would make a great spy because women tell makeup artists all their secrets. Love it - Tim the spy! If you have secrets, be careful what you tell your favorite makeup artist, gals.

As always, Tim was busy at the event today at Saks Fifth Avenue in Chevy Chase, Maryland. When I walked in after work, every customer seat was filled, and Tim and Armani's fabulous Rhona Samuels (and a few others actually) were making sure everyone left looking pretty.

Spread over two floors (!), the Armani team, including my local friends from Saks, were all showing off the newest Giorgio Armani Beauty colors. I asked Loyd Cassler if he would touch up my eye makeup. After he did, we went upstairs to get Tim's opinion. He liked it!

Loyd used the latest Night Viper Eye Shadow Quad, mixing the icy brown and silver shades to cover the lower lid. Then, he used the dark brown shade for the outer half of the crease. He used a black pencil to line my eyes right above my lashes and under my lower lashes on the outer half (smudged a bit). He also applied the liner on the waterline of my top lid. Then, he did something I'd never seen. He applied black liner on the outer edge of my lower lid (above the lashes) in three upward strokes and blended it, making it look like a deep shadow. It really emphasized my eyes. The lighting in the store for photos was dreadful; this is the best we could do for an eye close-up. You really can't see Loyd's eyeliner handiwork; I thought it looked great. Looks like we could have used a little concealer in the inner corners next to my nose!

Tim's favorite look for fall? Plum lips, using Rouge d'Armani #602, a gorgeous plum, with a navy blue liner on the eye. The navy liner was inspired by Armani's spring fashion collection - one that featured navy. Tim said the navy liner will carry into spring looks. I'm ready! I adore navy liner.

It was a fun visit. I've attached two photos: one of world-famous Tim and "little me" (we had to prop me up on a cushion to prevent me from looking like a "munchkin" next to Tim), and the other of my fabulous and talented friends from the Saks Fifth Avenue Armani Beauty team. Isn't the way Loyd's head is framed below by the display model's lips hilarious? That was not planned, just like his emergency need for a seamstress earlier in the day.


Left to right are Giannina Davis, Loyd Cassler, and Nimati Nazhat. You can still call Saks Chevy Chase for an appointment during the event. Tim will be in the store late tomorrow afternoon and all day Saturday. I hope Rhona will be there too!

I'll tell you more about the holiday collection in tomorrow's Friday Forum.

8 comments:

Eileen said...

When people have a smile on their face and gladness in their heart, they can't help but be beautiful. It looks like there were a lot beauties there that night :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen, women getting their makeup fixed up always have fun, don't they?

Miss Brahms said...

I AM SOOOO ENVIOUS! I wish I could have played hooky and watched the master at work...
You look gorgeous, but then again, you always do...
What I love about Armani cosmetics is that they enhance a woman's natural beauty, with a dramatic touch, without looking severely overdone. I cannot say enough about the foundations - nine times out of ten when someone approaches the Armani counter, they are looking for this "miracle" foundation, Luminous Silk. But often the eye shadow colors and pencils are overlooked - and they are so powerful! I recently purchased the Rouge d' Armani in 202 - a browny-red, and have received so many customer compliments that I now wear it every day, just for helpful reference! I always recommend it as a long-wearing lipstick that is creamy and moisturizing and remains a bit glossy for HOURS. I cannot live without my #10 blush (i call it my "br"usher) and have also recently converted to Eyes to Kill as my go-to mascara, leaving my mascara (which shall remain unnamed) of ten years behind.
I cannot say enough about Armani, and I have my pick of the cosmetics department. I only wish I could have seen the greatness that is Tim Quinn. I have the next best thing though - YOUR BLOG@!@@

Eileen said...

Another blusher #10 fan! It just seems to be one of those classics that every cosmetic stash should have. And don't you just love Eyes to Kill?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Miss Brahms, you are very sweet.

That lipstick shade is wonderful, isn't it? And, of course, #10 Sheer Blush is a tried-and-true product for me. Can't wait to try the new mascara!

I also love the quality of Armani cosmetics. Just bought duplicates of some of the new Uptown Mauve Rouge d'Armani shades - can't be without!

Tim and Rhona are both incredible! It's so much fun to watch. I actually wanted to get a photo of one of the customers for an "after" photo, but no one would agree to be photographed! Shy women, I guess. Or their family members didn't know they were there. LOL!

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, I think #10 was an inspired creation because it works for so many different skin tones.

Eyes to Kill mascara is a "killer." I love the "buildability" feature. Some mascaras clump badly when you layer them. It doesn't. Then, moving on to the Eyes to Kill eye shadow palettes, I don't know what I would do without #1!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlestongirl
I have been trying to purchase Rouge d'Armani lipstick in shade 514 for a couple of weeks on GA website but it hasn't been available for a while
Do you remember if this shade was part of a limited edition
Thank you for your help and for your fantastic blog
It is so much up-to-date that I don't search for information in beauty magazines anymore

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

The Armani counter at Saks Chevy Chase is holding one (#514) for you. Call 1-240-497-5206. Tell them it's the one being held for a Best Things in Beauty reader.