Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dior 5 Couleurs Gold Edition for Holiday 2010

You know Dior has a hit on its hands when many beauty bloggers are smitten! This week, I purchased Dior's limited-edition 5 Couleurs Gold Edition (Five Golds, #001, 5-Colour Eyeshadow, $58) at Saks Thursday when Friends & Family started. Perhaps I would have been smarter to buy it at Sephora during Friends & Family (better discount), but I didn't realize that Sephora had it. So often, there's a delay before new makeup appears at Sephora.

This photo from Sephora doesn't do it justice. Sabrina put her own photo of the compact at The Beauty Look Book, and hers shows the five colors in a more flattering light. I think Five Golds is gorgeous.

The shades include shimmering black, copper shimmer, silver shimmer, light gold shimmer, and bronze shimmer, and the compact comes with two double-ended sponge applicators. I used those sponge-tipped applicators to swatch the shades for you.

My photo was taken in full sun, starting on my arm with the top left quadrant of the compact, moving around it clockwise, and ending with the silver shimmer in the center. The shimmering black shade is a good liner. I can't imagine using it for anything else. To my eye, it's not as shimmery as the other shades. I am totally smitten with the golden shades, and the shimmering silver is a beautiful bonus - a pure silver that isn't "tainted" with another shade. It's magical on the eyelids!

The incredibly soft texture of Dior's eye shadows makes application and blending a breeze. Each shade can be applied with varying degrees of color intensity - for the more subtle look I favor or a full-intensity look. The choice is yours, and I suspect you'll enjoy playing with the various color combinations.

I know you can find 5 Couleurs Gold Edition for Holiday 2010 at Saks Fifth Avenue, which is having its fall Friends & Family sale (10% discount in the beauty department) through tomorrow, and at Sephora, also having a Friends & Family sale (use code FF2010 through November 3 in the U.S.). Aren't discounts nice? If you want to look like a golden goddess, you might want to check it out this weekend.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora

4 comments:

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I'm trying not to buy this but you are making it quite difficult to say no.

Charlestongirl said...

Marcia, let me know what you do. I couldn't resist - it's so pretty in person, and you'll use it to create a golden holiday look - or Lisa will steal it from you.

Elizabeth Donskaya said...

eeek i think i'm getting this! ...aka i just bid on it at a blog sale who knows if it's already gone lol

Charlestongirl said...

Hey Lizzard, hope you win the sale! Even though I wouldn't purchase used/swatched makeup, I know it's a bargain. I'm strange about makeup that hasn't been "controlled." Even Loyd knows that! LOL