Friday, October 15, 2010

Tarte The Perfect Rose Amazonian Clay Cheek Stain

Not long ago, I purchased a fabulous Tarte set: the Tarte Amazonian Adventure Color Collection in Taupe. I told you about it in September. I was slow in trying it out. I had to have it, but once it was secured, I relaxed. I'll admit I do that now and then. It's not because I get blasé about makeup. I just have so much I want to wear and try, and I save treats for myself.

The Amazonian Adventure Color Collection ($48) is a six-piece set, inspired by Tarte creator Maureen Kelly's journey to the Amazon Rain Forest. The set is designed to give you everything you need to discover the skin-balancing benefits of Tarte's blend of Amazonian clay.

I have worn my first piece from the set, purchased from QVC, and it's love. The Perfect Rose is a warm pink cheek stain - sheer, pretty, and, as you would expect from Tarte, good for your skin!

My arm photo at right shows how sheer and pretty the color is. It's a warm pink, one that many of us can wear. There's no "cool baby-doll" in this shade. My photo was taken in full sun, and I applied the Cheek Stain directly from the container with a few back-and-forth swipes. It looks beautiful on my cheeks - the perfect everyday shade! The color is so natural, the flush appears to be mine, not courtesy of makeup.

The set doesn't appear to be available anymore at QVC. However, I learned today from Tarte that The Perfect Rose is exclusive to QVC and will be available again there in November. If you can't wait, Amazon lists it at this link for $25, and I also found new ones on eBay.

Photo at top courtesy of QVC

8 comments:

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I bought that set too and really enjoy it. The eyeshadow palette is so easy to wear in this set and the cheek stain is a perfect shade for it.

Charlestongirl said...

Did you get taupe, Marcia? I remember it came in two shade families. I just love it!

Victoria said...

ow, that looks pretty. Just this past month I finally bought a tarte cheek stain...i love it. I'll have to keep a lookout for this from QVC again.

Charlestongirl said...

When this one is introduced "alone" at QVC, I may have to purchase a second one, Victoria. I'd love to keep one in my desk, but I don't want to move the one in my bathroom!

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I bought the recent Amazonian TSV and it has a taupe, peach and matte pinky peach eyeshadow palette. I love to wear it. Everything about the set is perfect actually.

Valerie H. said...

I've never tried their cheek stains before. I'll admit that I've been curious, but for some reason, they always seemed too pricey to me. Plus, being the Bobbi Brown fan(atic)that I am, I already have one of her "Sheer color cheek tints" and I just felt that I'd be duplicating my stash.

Charlestongirl said...

Val,

You need to try one. The Bobbi Cheek Tints are great (I think I have every color except Coral), but these are different. I have a few favorite shades, this being one. The Tarte shades do not duplicate the Bobbi shades. Search the blog (using search box in right-hand panel), and you'll find my favorite Tarte shades. :)

Wait for one of Tarte's 40% off specials. Let me know!

Charlestongirl said...

Val,

You need to try one. The Bobbi Cheek Tints are great (I think I have every color except Coral), but these are different. I have a few favorite shades, this being one. The Tarte shades do not duplicate the Bobbi shades. Search the blog (using search box in right-hand panel), and you'll find my favorite Tarte shades. :)

Wait for one of Tarte's 40% off specials. Let me know!