Saturday, October 30, 2010

What's New from Giorgio Armani Beauty?

Giorgio Armani Beauty just introduced a lot of new products! Last week, I showed you Giorgio Armani Beauty's Design for the Lips set for the holidays, three Lip Shimmers in a useful patent case. Today, I want to share the other gift sets with you - and show you the newest colors, which are available online.

All four gift sets have arrived at Saks, and they are available at the Armani Beauty Web site too. I purchased two of them - only two because I have a back stock of everything else. Actually, even though I have purchased every brush set Armani has ever introduced, I bought another one! I can be a little obsessive-compulsive about Armani's brushes. There are times when back stock is good!

The Mini Brush Set ($100) is a $200 value. It includes blush, blender, eye shader, concealer, and eye contour brushes. All of them will help you achieve makeup artist results (on the go if you travel) with brushes that dispense the perfect amount of makeup. These brushes have shorter handles than the regular brushes, but are otherwise the same. I use the set brushes all the time at home.

The Eyes to Kill Set ($49) includes a Soft Lash Base, Eyes to Kill Mascara No. 1 (black), and Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in No. 4. Use it to create a glamorous eye look with length, separation, and definition, all in three easy steps. This is a good value because the items priced individually would cost $85. I don't think I have to tell you how good Eyes to Kill Mascara is.

Interested in Crema Nera Skin Care ($250)? This year's set is more attractively priced than last year's. The first step to polished and flawless makeup is always healthy skin, and Armani's Crema Nera can help you create your perfect skin canvas. The set includes OMC3 Obsidian Mineral Restoring Cream SPF 15 1.7 fl. oz., Obsidian Mineral Reviving Eye Cream 0.5 oz., Mineral Soothing Lotion 1.69 fl. oz., and Obsidian Mineral Cleansing Balm 1.01 fl. oz. Nice set! I particularly like Armani's eye cream.

The subject of much speculation, the new Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Collection for Holiday 2010 ($32 each) gives us a taste of a much larger collection that's coming in the spring. Giorgio Armani Cosmetics is previewing its unique, high-tech approach to blended color with these new shadows. The innovative hybrid texture, which is not a powder, nor a cream, acts like a smooth, lasting color film. The formula is composed of an unprecedented association between binder elements and pearls that creates exceptional luminosity, depth, and intensity of color. A high-resistance bi-polymer enables the formula to perfectly fit the contour of the eyelid, with cushiony suppleness, for comfortable, long wear.

A harmony of blended black cut-metal shades sets a smoky eye on fire with gold, copper, or silver grey shimmer. Apply dry or wet to obtain any finish from satin to lacquer, subtle to dramatic.

Offering 24-hour wear, the new Eyes to Kill shadows are waterproof and sweat-proof. They slide on and stay on, but wipe off in an instant. Applied wet or dry with fingers or a brush, Armani's Color-Fil color matrix formula blends and layers without creasing or flaking.

There will be a lot of shades available in the spring. Now, though, you can experience the pleasures early with Black (13), Copper/Black Grey (15), and Silver/Black Grey (16). I won't know which of these two photos is correct until mine arrive early next week. The photo on the left above is on the Web site, but the photo on the right above shows the shades I was expecting after talking with Tim Quinn about them. If the Web site is incorrect, it won't be the first time.

The Gold Rush Palette and three new Rouge d'Armani shades - all vibrant - also arrived at the Web site. Follow this link to my earlier Best Things in Beauty post to see them.

The Gold Rush Palette ($55) is a soft, universal, sheer, and shimmering beige powder that will light up the face and décolleté with an irresistible gold glow. The sleek, gold and black lacquered signature compact, itself representative of Armani elegance, adds a sparkling note to the seductive collection.

The three new Rouge d'Armani shades for Holiday 2010 ($30 each) are bright: Coral Red (404), Fuschia (517), and Tibetan Orange (405), all designed to revisit the colors of the Giorgio Armani Fall/Winter fashion collection. These shades are outside my comfort zone, but if you like vivid lips, they were made for you!

More interesting to me than the new Rouge d'Armani shades are the four new Lip Inks ($27). Like a second skin color for lips, the Lip Inks offer long-lasting transparent warm shades of deep reds, pinks, and purple. They are intended to be used alone for a natural intense color effect. I ordered one to get the "feel" of Lip Ink. I expect I'll love it and want more.

There's one more set, one I hadn't anticipated earlier in the season. It's called Dress Code for Face ($115), and if you wear shade 5.5 in Luminous Silk Foundation, you should check it out.

See anything that catches your fancy? You can order these new goodies now at the Giorgio Armani Beauty Web site. Some of them are available already at Saks, and they will all debut at Armani counters very soon.

Photos courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

11 comments:

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

Fabulous information. You really know your Armani. I'll be waiting for your review on those unusual eyeshadows.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Marcia. I make it my business to "know" Armani because I love Armani. The clothing too. :)

The full collection of shadows will be introduced for spring. It has been expected this fall, but there was some kind of production problem. They did manage to get three out, but the three were supposed to be tones of silver, gold, and copper. Not sure about what's coming next week from the names ("Black" always sounds scary).

Janice said...

Those eyeshadows look stunning! Can't wait for the reviews on them

I was debating whether or not to purchase the Mini Brush Set, can you give me your opinion on them? Are they any good or should I save my money and slowly purchase the full-size brushes? Thank you!

Charlestongirl said...

Janice, the brushes are fabulous and a great value. Buy the sets. You get more for your money. These are all useful brushes too. Armani never uses "filler" brushes in their sets - brushes that you are unlikely to use.

Nordstrom had a set during their Anniversary sale this year. It was $75! That was a steal.

All the sets offer more for your money, so go for it.

Rachel said...

The 24 hour wear of the eyeshadow sounds amazing :)

Leigh said...

Glad to know about the Lip Inks. Love their lip wax - - one of a few lip colors that stays in place - - and anxious to try more.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Rachel and Leigh!

I can't wait for my box to come. I'll rush a look-see into print. I am thrilled about the new shadows.

I wasn't fond of the lip waxes (Leigh, if and when I find mine, you can have it). I hope the Lip Inks are more moisturizing.

juliapi said...

Happy Halloween! I will definetly have to check out the new holiday items. I also had a question about the Armani foundation. I currently wear LSF in no.5, if I wanted alittle more coverage, what other armani foundation should I look at?

Charlestongirl said...

Juliapi, Happy Halloween to you too!

You could try Designer Compact Foundation SPF 22, which offers buildable coverage and is suitable for all skin types; or Designer Shaping Cream Foundation SPF 20, which I think is better for normal to dry skin. I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin.

Another thing you might want to consider is using Armani's concealer on the parts of your face that need extra coverage and sticking with your Luminous Silk over the entire face.

Elle said...

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the new items!
I was thinking about getting the new brush set but coudn´t find any information if the brushes are the same quality as the full size ones. Now I will definitely buy the set. :)
I´m also thinking about getting the new Holiday Gold Rush Palette and would love to see a review if you are also planning to purchase it.

juliapi said...

Charlestongirl,
Thanks, so much for your recommendations. I think that I will try the Designer Shaping Cream Foundation SPF 20 as I have dry skin.