Thursday, October 21, 2010

Giorgio Armani Beauty Design for the Lips Holiday 2010 Gift Set

Giorgio Armani Beauty's Holiday 2010 Gift Sets have arrived at Saks, just in time for Friends & Family. Friends & Family started today and runs through Saturday. You'll save 10% in the beauty department. Make sure to ask for the discount if it's not offered at your favorite Saks.

Each holiday season, Armani Beauty offers a Lip Shimmer set, and each year, I buy several. This year, Design for the Lips, an $81 value, is priced at $49.

The Lip Shimmer shades give you a nice range.
  • No. 9 (shimmer pink shown at right above)
  • No. 16 (golden nude shown at left above)
  • No. 21 (mauve shown center above)
I swatched them in the same order, top to bottom, on my arm. My photo was taken in full sun. I applied the glosses with their own applicators - a brush.

The set comes with a pretty patent gun metal grey makeup bag with a discreet Giorgio Armani Cosmetics label. I may actually use this one. It's perfect for holding a cell phone along with some money and a gloss! That's all I need to take along when I walk to a local restaurant at lunchtime.

As always, I'm smitten! When it comes to Lip Shimmers, I think Giorgio Armani Beauty shines. The only question is how many I'll purchase before Friends & Family ends. DC-area gals: you'd better get there before I go back! When you stop by, make sure to tell Loyd Cassler you thought his photo on the blog was dashing.

I'll tell you about the other holiday gift sets tomorrow.

Photos by BTiB - top photo taken at Saks Fifth Avenue, Chevy Chase, Maryland

4 comments:

Soni said...

WOW! $49 is such a steal for three Armani glosses! Plus the 10% discount? What's not to love? I own one lip shimmer so far, but I must go back for this set.
Thanks so much for showcasing their beauty.

Charlestongirl said...

You're welcome, Soni! Good point...what's not to love?

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I love number 9!! That's my favorite kind of color. I think I'll pull out all my Armani glosses to wear in the next few days. I haven't given them much attention at all.

Charlestongirl said...

My goodness, Marcia. How could you forget your Lip Shimmers? Don't you carry one in your purse. :)