Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hampton Sun Privet Bloom Body Lotion

I received a gift. Without even realizing it, I entered a Twitter contest! Hampton Sun had offered to send the tenth new follower a deluxe sample set. I followed Hampton Sun because I knew Tim Quinn from Giorgio Armani Beauty was a friend. It seemed like the logical thing to do. Little did I know that a luscious treat lay in store! I won a prize. I'm usually on the other end of the prize equation.

Hampton Sun sent me generous samples of several products, one of which I tried instantly. Privet Bloom Body Lotion ($35) left me swooning. I'm sure you know the reaction. Use a fragranced product you like, and your nose keeps wandering to smell it. It's almost instinctive - apply, sniff, sniff, and sniff often. Enjoy!

Privet Bloom Body Lotion is described as the perfect ending to your shower or bath. I didn't wait for that! I use body lotions throughout the day. I love the indulgence. I keep several at my desk at work. What's funny is that all my colleagues drop by - not to see me - but to slather on the latest lovely hand or body lotion or to eat Jelly Bellies. I'm not sure I'll share this one.

Beyond the crisp, fresh, green floral scent of Hampton Sun’s Privet Blossom, there's a silky smooth formula that will leave your skin soft to the touch. It contains natural ingredients, such as aloe vera and vitamins A and E, along with calming extracts of slippery elm and chamomile.

Hampton Sun founders Salvatore Piazzolla and Grant Wilfley, who reside in Manhattan and the Hamptons, were inspired by the privet hedges that abound in the Hamptons when they developed their signature scent. "We wanted to develop a unique scent that spoke to our core inspiration, the beautiful beaches of Eastern Long Island," said President Salvatore Piazzolla. From an inspiring summer spritz reminiscent of the region's blooming landscape to skin care and tanning products to help you get the most flawless tan possible (without sun if you choose), Hampton Sun embodies the simple pleasures that make up the magnetic allure of the Hamptons.

Hampton Sun is well-known for their Smart Serious Sun products with unique formulations that combine the most effective moisturizers, antioxidants, and sun-protection ingredients to help you develop a flawless tan. If you are going to spend time in the sun, you need to protect your skin. Check out Hampton Sun's sun-care products and the ingredients they use at this link. They also offer a primer on vitamin D, and many of us who avoid the sun need more vitamin D! Check out this link to find out why. Me? I have to take prescription-strength vitamin D. Their sunless tanning products would be perfect for me.

Back to the lovely fragrance! Privet Bloom has notes of lily of the valley, white hyacinth, sea spray, dune grass, blue plum, and the captivating privet blossom. I've read on blogs that the fragrance also includes lemon verbena, bergamot, white hyacinth, jasmine, gardenia, orange flower, dune rose, cucumber, driftwood, and musk (and no funky spices to offend my nose). Sound heavenly? It is! When a scent is as alluring as this one, who cares about complexity, dry-down, or lingering base notes - all of those things that professional fragrance critics dissect? This one's pure indulgence for a gardener. It brings the outdoors inside.

Privet Bloom, where have you been all my life? I know you're not new. I remember when you were introduced - all my favorite magazines announced your arrival on the scene (Town & Country, InStyle, Allure to mention just a few). I don't know how I missed you, except that you didn't arrive in the DC area at any of my usual haunts. Instead you seemed confined to that rarefied crowd in New York. Then, I moved on, never sampling your bountiful bouquet. I think I've been deprived of the love until now. I went to bed last night reveling in the fragrance. I could spray it on my sheets!

You can find the Privet Bloom bath and body products at Hampton Sun's Web site, where you can also purchase the Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum. They sent me a sample of the fragrance. I think I need to order a full-sized product, given that I'll probably spray it on myself and my sheets. Sephora also carries the Hampton Sun's products. There's also a Where to Shop link at the Hampton Sun's site for additional sources.

Photo courtesy of Hampton Sun

10 comments:

Jewels said...

I hope I can try it soon, I'll go to Sephora! In the mean time, I've tried Canus' Fresh goat's milk soap and lotion! Wow,my skin was incredibly soft and the smell, natural and wonderful.

Eileen said...

I loved your, "...apply snif, sniff, and sniff often.". Too many times to count, I've spent the better part of the day with my nose glued to a body part as I've become acquainted with a new fragrance. Fragrance can be so evocative. I love getting to know a new one.

We live on two acres of land and running the entire length of the sides and back of our property we have privets. When they're in bloom, it's like an explosion of creamy white blossoms that fill the air with a warm, lazy day type of fragrance.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Julie!

Definitely look for it at Sephora. If you like fresh scents, you'll ove it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

Isn't that fun, to love a new fragrance so much that you can't keep your nose away?

Now I want a privet hedge! Instead, I'm getting a fence so that I don't have to look at the playground neighbors set up on their property but within sight of my screened porch "retreat." I love to see green while I'm chilling on the porch, not swing sets. The porch smells divine when there are plants blooming nearby.

Clarisse said...

I know the Hamptons are famous and have a very beautiful countryside, and this heavenly scented body lotion seems so perfect....you make your readers crave for it:-))

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

Congratulations. Winning is always the most fun!

Charlestongirl said...

Clarisse, I hope my reviews give products I like some kind of stamp of approval! When I don't write about something, there are two normal reasons: 1) I don't know about it or the brand, and 2) I don't like it. I hate writing negative reviews. How boring to write. They must be boring to read too.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Marcia! Winning is fun!

New London said...

Love Hampton Privet - such pretty, and pretty-smelling products! Huge hit in-store.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi, New London!

I think if I worked near an unlimited supply of testers, I'd be living in Privet Bloom. :)