Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bobbi Brown Sultry Eye Palette for Holiday 2010

Bobbi Brown's Sultry Eye Palette ($45) for Holiday 2010 just arrived at Neiman Marcus. I purchased mine at Mazza Gallerie. This is the one I really wanted. I really want another palette that's available only in Asia, but that's another story.

You already know that Bobbi's got three new ways to go all-out on your eye makeup with her new Smoky, Sultry, and Smoldering Eye Palettes. Each palette features a base and an eyeliner color, a bold metallic, and a dramatic shade of Bobbi's NEW Long-Wear Eye Paint.

There are four shades in Sultry, and two of them are superstars.
  • Bone Eye Shadow
  • Antique Gold Metallic Eye Shadow
  • Caviar Eye Shadow
  • Brandy Long-Wear Eye Paint
Bone is bone - a great base or highlighting shade, but not "revolutionary." I have to admit that Caviar won't be a frequent flier for me. It's dark, and I have better eyeliners. However, Antique Gold Metallic Eye Shadow and Brandy Long-Wear Eye Paint are worth the price of admission. The Long-Wear Eye Paint can be used as an accenting shadow or as a liner. You can even wet it with your liner brush to make it the perfect liquid liner or give it a pop on your eyes.

Bone didn't show up when I tried to photograph it on my arm. I applied the shadows with a sponge-tipped applicator, and the photo at right was taken in full sun. The photo shows, top to bottom, Antique Gold Metallic Eye Shadow, Caviar Eye Shadow, and Brandy Long-Wear Eye Paint. Can you see why I love Antique Gold and Brandy? Gorgeous!

I haven't checked Nordstrom for this palette. I know that you can purchase it at Neiman Marcus at Mazza Gallerie and at the Neiman Marcus Web site, where shipping is free with code NMOCT. I suspect that all the Bobbi Brown counters will have it soon, and I'm hoping it will be available at Bobbi's Web U.S. Web site. You U.K. gals can order it now online.

Photo courtesy of Neiman Marcus

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The Antique Gold caught my eye too.

What's the Asia story?

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, I have a photo of it. It's a palette with gorgeous neutrals and one green. The Bobbi Brown store reps all gasped when they saw it in training, and then they learned that it would only be available in Asia! Major disappointment. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

parsi said...

Is the Asia palette the bare to bold eyeshadow palette? If so, its on QVC. I just bought it. It has a neutral shades along with evergreen shimmer which is gorgeous.

Eileen said...

I just checked out QVC to have a look at that Bare to Bold palette that "parsi" bought. I don't know if it's the Asian one you've seen, but it is a beautiful set of colors. It has Navajo, Cement, and Caviar--no big deal there--but then it has Quarry Shimmer Wash, Champagne Quartz Metallic, and Evergreen Sparkle. The palette comes with a brush and sells for $45. What can I say, Charlestongirl, you've piqued our curiosity.

Unknown said...

Charlestongirl, Maybe one of your Asian readers would be willing to get one for you.

Charlestongirl said...

Parsi,

You are a genius! I would never have thought to look on QVC. When they told the Bobbi reps Asia only, I assume they meant it.

Bare to Bold is the name, and that's the palette. I just ordered one! Thank you for being a great detective.

I'll even put up a post in a few minutes so everyone can see it. Thank you!

Ava, this was ever-so inexpensive compared to what it was going to be if I had one of my lovely Asian readers ship it. Joy!

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, that's the one! Amazing. I have to shop on QVC more often, I guess. I just hate paying for shipping, so I seldom go there. However, while there, I saw some really interesting new Nick Chavez products. Maybe I can get them from Nick because they were wait-listed at QVC.

Leonie said...

God that's a pretty palette! I have an appointment at my local Bobbi Brown counter in a week or two (these aren't coming out until November in the UK), and I can't wait now! Will have to ask them to try this one on me!

Just discovered your website yesterday, looking for reviews of the sparkle glamour quad. I'm addicted now, will definitely be back!

Semona said...

Antique Gold Metallic Eye Shadow looks so pretty.