Monday, January 24, 2011

Chantecaille Biodynamic Lifting Neck Cream

Chantecaille's latest skin-care wonder, Biodynamic Lifting Neck Cream ($165), was launched just in the nick of time for me. For the first time in my life, I had started to notice little wrinkles in my neck, and I didn't like them!

When Alex Chantecaille was at Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria in early December, she told me about the neck cream, and it sounded intriguing. Now that I've used it for a few weeks, I can assure you that it's beyond intriguing. It's a must-have for anyone concerned about the fragile skin on her (or his) neck.

This product is a unique combination of six patented ingredients specially developed to target the neck and décolleté. Here's how it works.

It Lifts
The firming tripeptides help fight skin sagging by stimulating hyaluronic acid production. This needle-free version of hyaluronic acid acts as a filler, binding up to 1000 times its weight in water and creates a padding in the skin. The protein in tripeptides helps keep collagen smooth and organized (older collagen is twisted and broken). Tests show a 66% increase in smoothness in collagen fibers. A calcium booster reduces the appearance of crepiness in mature skin. When woman (average 60 years old) applied the cream twice a day for 60 days, they saw a 67% improvement.

It Slims
Glaucine is an extract found in yellow poppies, and it slims the neck and defines the jaw line. Glaucine converts adipose (fat) cells into elastic-like fibers. Eighty-eight percent of panelists saw a reduction in the volume of their double chins.

It Repairs and Protects
Plant stem cells can immediately bind to human stem cells. Pure and potent, directly active, stem cells offer the exact properties of the plant in higher concentration. Raspberry stem cells repair and increase the antioxidant function of human DNA. Raspberries are loaded with the powerful anti-inflammatory agent resveratrol. Raspberry stem cells extend cell longevity by repairing DNA and preventing internal and external oxidation. The result is healthy skin function and both wrinkle repair and prevention. In addition, the Biodynamic Lifting Neck Cream is also rich in moisturizing and brightening botanicals.

The cream contains extracts from Marsh Samphire, which grows in coastal marshlands. This plant has adapted the ability to store and transport water to protect itself from dehydration in the high salt content of its environment. Aquaporins are stimulated and, like a sprinkler system, move moisture from the dermis to the epidermis, allowing for better surface hydration, helping the skin maintain a high and constant moisture level.

Liposomes of magnolia bark suspended in tocopherol and grape seed extract are antioxidants that inhibit inflammation and photo-aging. They reduce redness and inflammation. Additionally, many people have a yellow darkness to their neck. An extract from the watercress plant and vitamin B3 inhibit the production of melanin by 55%, making the skin look lighter, brighter and more even toned.

I've never neglected my neck. I used the same serum and moisturizer on my neck that I used on my face - whichever ones I was using. I felt a specific neck cream was unnecessary. This new cream is so nice, I'll be treating my neck to its own special product going forward.

Biodynamic Lifting Neck Cream has a fabulous, light botanical scent. I love the texture. It's heavy without feeling heavy, and a little goes a long way. My jar will last me a long time. It absorbs rapidly and hydrates my neck immediately. I've considered using it as a face cream, but I think Chantecaille has a face cream with similar ingredients in store for us. I'll save this precious cream for my neck. Since I started using it, my fine lines have been minimized, and my neck looks hydrated (and younger). I am sold!

There are some relatively complicated instructions for using it at Chantecaille's Web site. I will admit, I haven't followed them. I massage it in lightly, using upward strokes, and I'm done. I wonder if I'm missing something.

You can find Chantecaille's new Biodynamic Lifting Neck Cream at the Chantecaille Web site or wherever there's a Chantecaille counter. I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus.

Photo courtesy of Chantecaille

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and this timely review (the "first to market" raspberry stem cells sound delicious). I am so intrigued by this product, but ALL (unfortunately) of the Chantecaille creams I have purchased -- Biodynamic Lifting, the Gold series -- have broken me out horribly in and yielded clog pores. Have you had any similar experiences with this particular cream? I'm not sure if I'm willing to give up Natura Bisse's Tensolift neck -- never a clogged pore with this cream -- in favor of another try with Chantecaille. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thanks!

There are some women, particularly those with sensitive skin, who find they can't use products with high concentrations of botanicals. While botanicals are good to my skin, they make a friend's skin flare.

Stick with what works for you. You can't go wrong with Natura Bisse.

Unknown said...

Hi, I like your post. I have a confusion that which neck cream I have to use. My mom recommends me to use Nexifirm but I have seen your post and now I can’t decide what I should do. Please someone help me.