Friday, January 21, 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty La Femme Bleue Waterproof Eye Pencil

Giorgio Armani Beauty introduced three new La Femme Bleue Waterproof Eye Pencils ($27) for Spring 2010. The pencils are available in black (#1), green (#3 green leaf), and brown (#2), although the Armani Beauty Web site is currently showing only #3 as available.

These soft pencils with a great glide for easy application go beyond long-wearing and waterproof! They are like indelible ink. Once the liner dries, it's going to be where you put it for a long time. The liners are the same formula as a limited-edition pencil that was available only in black - if I recall correctly in late 2009, early 2010. I have that pencil, and it is the most tenacious liner I've ever worn. It's almost impossible for me to remove completely without a few washes and long-wear makeup remover.

Once you apply the liner, it won't smudge or budge throughout the day. The high-tech compact color morphs into a fluid substance upon application, creating an eye pencil that is a cross between a liner and a crayon - and giving it the easy glide.

The three colors coordinate nicely with the new eye palette. Black is black, of course. This one is a subdued black; it's not screaming dark. I swatched the green and brown shades to show you. Sorry about the wavy lines! I promise I'm better at applying eyeliner on my eyes, when I have a lash line to follow. My photo was taken indoors in a sunny window.

The brown is a nice medium to dark chocolate brown. The green is hard to describe. Maybe spruce green? It's not emerald, and it's not dark green. It's got a medium green tone to it, with a hint of olive. It's a great color on the lids!

If you want a pencil eyeliner that is seriously budge-proof, this is your liner. You can find La Femme Bleue Armani at the Giorgio Armani Web site, Neiman Marcus, or wherever you normally purchase your Armani Beauty products.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

8 comments:

Goya said...

Hi Charlestongirl!

Sorry for being off topic, but I wish to ask for your help: may be you know GIORGIO ARMANI
Smooth Silk Eye Pencil #14, which color is that?

Thank you very much,
Goya.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Goya,

There is no #14, at least now. Loyd is out. Otherwise I would have asked him if there ever was one.

My own collection is packed out of the way right now, or I could have looked.

Goya said...

They sell #14 on the Strawberrynet.com, but they don't specify the color...

Thank you :)

Charlestongirl said...

I will find out next week when Loyd comes back.

Goya said...

Thank you very much! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Goya, the discontinued #14 was dark blue. Like a sapphire blue. Very pretty.

Goya said...

Thank you very much, Charlestongirl! I really appreciate your help :).

Have a pleasant day!
Goya

Anonymous said...

I have a quick question maybe you can help me out since you seem to know your stuff. My FAVORITE eyeliner was the Giorgio Armani La Femme Bleue in Leaf Green. Do you know any color by any brand that even comes close to that, since I cant find not even one left not even on ebay.

Thanks.