Wednesday, January 26, 2011

YSL Golden Gloss for Spring 2011

Worth its weight in gold, YSL's Golden Gloss ($30) dresses lips in a sophisticated, high-shine shimmer that’s glamorous. Sparkling 24-carat gold flecks (0.2%) create a mirror-like effect for guaranteed shine, while a complex of nourishing oils protects and hydrates for the ultimate comfy lips. I have been a Golden Gloss gal since these fabulous glosses were first introduced, buying as many shades as I can wear every season.

This spring, YSL is featuring four shades with its Spring Look for 2011: #40 Golden Impertinence, #41 Golden Isolence, #42 Golden Obsession, #43 Golden Irreverence. I purchased #40 and #43 to start, and I plan to purchase #42. I love the way these glosses look and feel.

Golden Impertinence is a pure pink, and it coordinates beautifully with the Powdery Rose Créme de Blush I purchased. Golden Isolence is fuschia in the tube, but a bright blue pink on the lips. Few of the Golden Glosses look the same on the lips as they look in the tube - you have to try them. Golden Obsession was not available when the Spring Look appeared on YSL's site, and it wasn't available at Neiman Marcus at that time either. It appears to be a gorgeous pink. I think I need it! Golden Irreverence is peach. You can't rely on those little circles on the Web. The shade appears to have more pink in it online. It's a pure peach - and very pretty.

My swatch photo was taken indoors in bright light. I applied the glosses with their built-in applicator brushes (I prefer doe-foot applicators, but some brushes work well, YSL's among them). You can see #40 Golden Impertinence at the top of my arm, and #43 Golden Irreverence is below it. Both glosses have enough pigment that I feel I can wear them without lipstick underneath if I choose. I might have a hard time selecting a favorite. Good thing I don't have to choose! These two have taken their place among dozens of other Golden Gloss colors I own, all of which I love.

Whether you prefer the pink shades that are so pretty for spring, or you've jumped on the peach bandwagon for the coming season, YSL's got you covered. These are lovely glosses. They have a slight mango scent that doesn't bother me, even though I'm not a fan of fragranced lip products. I think you'll like them too.

You can find the YSL Spring Collection at the YSL Beauté Web site and in department stores now.

Photo at top courtesy of YSL Beauté

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Truly, I'm rather sick of the YSL gloss scent - - I'm going with Guerlain from now on.

Glad you're on the mend - - take care!

Straight Up Glam said...

I love the Golden Glosses!! The first time I tried them was at a makeup application event at my local YSL counter, and as soon as I felt the texture of them, I was hooked!

Andrée xx

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh!

Funny about the mango. It doesn't bother some of us; others, like Kari, hate it!

Thanks for the well wishes. I am relieved to finally see progress!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Andrée,

Agreed! The texture is so nice! And not at all sticky. Glad you like them too.