Saturday, January 22, 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty Spring Collection 2011 Pink Light Powder

To round out my series of features on Giorgio Armani Beauty's stupendous Spring 2011 La Femme Bleue Collection, I present one of the prettiest loose powders I have ever purchased. The Spring Collection 2011 Pink Light Powder ($49) completes the look with a fresh pink glow.

Armani's loose powders are always extremely light and fine. As a rule, I don't use loose powder. I like the glow I have after I apply my foundation, and if I use a powder, it's normally a pressed powder highlighter. I make an exception for Armani's loose powders. They never take away my glow, but instead leave a veil of almost transparent color that polishes my appearance. The look is natural and luminous. This new powder continues the legacy.

I was sure I would not be able to get a swatch photo to show you the gorgeous light pink color. I got one, and I added an arrow pointing to the swatch so that, hopefully, you could differentiate between my arm and the powder. I applied the powder heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator to pick up enough product to make it show up in the photo, which was taken indoors in a bright window.

None of us will apply this pretty powder that heavily, but I'll bet you can imagine the pretty pink wash it will add to your spring look. Combined with the other pink selections from La Femme Bleue, it completes the look.

I was tweeting with Tim Quinn, Giorgio Armani Beauty's Celebrity Makeup Artist, today, and he predicted the Spring Collection 2011 Sheer Blush would sell out. I think Dawn Pink will sell out too, and I wouldn't be surprised if this powder becomes scarce quickly. It's that pretty. Glad I bought two of everything!

You can find La Femme Bleue Armani at the Giorgio Armani Web site, Neiman Marcus, or wherever you normally purchase your Armani Beauty products.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks beautiful, just the thing for spring!

Charlestongirl said...

I think you'll like it! I sure do.