Monday, January 31, 2011

Stila Coconut Crush Lip & Cheek Stain

Stila's newest crush, Coconut Crush Lip & Cheek Stain ($24), creates a beautiful bronze/rose gold shade for your lips and cheeks! This is a Lip & Cheek Stain I can love. The last Lip & Cheek Stain I tried, Açaí Crush Lip & Cheek Stain, lived up to its title: it stained. It was too dark and bright for my skin, and I couldn't get it off, no matter what I did. Coconut Crush is perfect. I love everything about it.

Lip & Cheek Stain creates a personalized blush and pout with one click of the pen, which sends a drop of product into the brush for application. The nourishing formula contains potent antioxidants; vitamins A, C, and E to moisturize; and coconut extract, which is known to slow the degeneration of collagen (supporting the skin's natural structure and slowing premature aging). Also, coconut is celebrated for its high levels of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. How about that? Pretty color that's good for you!

Coconut Crush creates a naturally beautiful, rosy-bronze glow. It warms the skin with its beautiful, subtle color. I swatched it without blending, which is why you see a little uneven color in my photo at right. I took the photo indoors during the five minutes of sun we saw on one recent day. Isn't this a gorgeous shade? It's a blend of colors. I hope you can see the rose in it. The rose differentiates it from many of the bronze shades available to warm our skin. I adore this Lip & Cheek Stain. (Note to self: Give the Açaí Crush to a friend who will appreciate it. Now that I have Coconut Crush, I won't ever reach for it.)

Do I need a second? I think so - I'll order one on my next Stila order. I bought my Coconut Crush Lip & Cheek Stain from Stila online. You can also find Stila at Sephora, SkinStore, and Beauty.com.

Photo at top courtesy of Stila

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Love this shade! I briefly tested it in-store recently, but was a little scared of the smell. I don't really like coconut that much. What do you think? Does it fade quickly?

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I LOVE this color! I think it's a YLBB color. I loved it with a little gloss over the top. It stayed a long time for me.

Congrats on being the "featured blogger" this week!!! You deserve it for all of your hard work! xox

Charlestongirl said...

Laurie, the scent is subtle and disappears quickly. I like coconut, but I don't detect it for long.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Mama Val!

I held out as long as I could on the blogger write-ups. Beauty products are supposed to be the center of attention - not me!

I love this color too. It does last, but fortunately, not forever. :)

KnealePerfumes said...

What a pretty color- perfect in mid-winter when we're all missing sunshine and warm weather. I love the idea of a stain that is different from the usual red-purple shades. Love your blog!

Charlestongirl said...

Aren't you nice, KnealePerfumes! Thanks for the blog note.

You are right - the perfect shade to warm all the gals up for winter. It's not too dark, so we won't look orange and fake. Just a pretty glow!

We are all missing sun and warmth. I had to kick my heat up a notch, which I'll pay for when the electricity bill comes. I feel lucky I live in Virginia and not the Northeast. We have missed most of the heavy snow that has blanketed that region. After last winter's back-breaking snows, all I can think is "Lucky!" Hang in there! I'm counting the weeks until the threat of snow is minimal.