Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekend Roundup - January 29

I am so "over" snow, unlike the "snow fairy" here. As most of us continue to slosh and slide through winter (apparently except for our wonderful readers in Florida and California), let's escape! Please join us for our weekly tour of noteworthy beauty and fashion features.

Sabrina has published the definitive comparison of Giorgio Armani Beauty's Eyes to Kill Mascaras: Regular vs Excess. Ever wonder about the difference? Wonder no more. Read her review at The Beauty Look Book.

Kari at Fab over Forty has re-discovered French skin care by Orlane. Years ago, I was a true believer. I may have to re-discover it now that I've read Kari's review. It's expensive, but it works. Those French secrets are worth investigating.

Gaia hooked us with her feature about Sisley's Phyto Lip Shine. Read The Non-Blonde to see why she considers it true luxury. I love this sheer formula from Sisley.

Three Custom Color's Sweetest Thing Palette is the talk of Twitter. Carla at Product Girl will tell you why.

Kelly showed us Benefit's Bella Bomba Blush. Does the ultimate "peach blush lover" (Kelly) like this pink blush? You can find out at Gouldylox Reviews.

Is your budget suffering? No prob - you can still buy new beauty products! Amy has eye shadow recommendations from Wet 'n Wild for you at Café Makeup. I like Wet 'n Wild. You?

Debbi wants to make sure you get the most for your drugstore dollars. Find out why you should sign up for the CVS ExtraCare Beauty Club at DivaDebbi. I keep forgetting to do that, so thanks for the reminder, Debbi!

While you are at the drugstore, check out Olay's skin care. If you haven't tried it yet, Jane has some tips for you at Daly Beauty. I want to try Olay's new "Clarisonic knock-off."

I love cream blush. YSL's popular Créme de Blush shades, some of which were re-launched for Spring 2011, earned my praise this week. See my shade selection here at Best Things in Beauty.

On the fashion front, last week we told you about Part 1 of Jennifer's facts about tights and pantyhose. You need to check in at BeautyXposé to read Part 2.

We hope you have a wonderful weekend. Stay cozy!

No comments: