This from Heather..."Think gorgeous and elegant, yet still modern. Julie has amazing bone structure and looks stunning with a smoky eye. When I saw her dress, I was reminded of a John Singer Sargent painting. I wanted to create a metallic eye that was in the same tone as her dress, which was a taupe-y gray with a hint of silver."
Here's how Heather created the Julie's smashing look.
"Julie has glowing skin; I only wanted to enhance her flawless complexion."
- Prepped her skin with tarte's clean slate natural primer
- Applied tarte's ReCreate anti-aging foundation with Wrinkle Rewind technology with SPF 15 in cool bisque #04
- Applied tarte's dark circle defense natural under eye corrector in light-to-medium
- Dabbed tarte's new smooth operator illuminating serum on cheekbones
"Keeping her look soft, I used a light peach with a touch of flush on her cheeks."
- Swirl of tarte's NEW Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in blissful on the apple of her cheeks, with a touch of the tarte's new Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in flush (available only at Sephora)
"We really wanted Julie's look to focus on her gorgeous eyes. I created a metallic smoky eye based on her textured, taupe-y gray gown. I love layering shadows and using my fingers to smudge and blend the colors."
- Prepped eyes with tarte's smooth operator Amazonian clay eyebase
- Used a combination of shadows from tarte's NEW neutralEYES eye shadow palette tarte's femme naturale eye shadow palette, as well as tarte's emphaseyes aqua-gel eyeliner
- Curled lashes with picture perfect lash curler
- Coated lashes tarte's lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven natural mascara
"To compliment her smoky eyes, I wanted Julie to have a sheer hint of rose on her lips."
- Prepped lips with tarte's frxtion sugar exfoliator and lip balm duo
- Used tarte's LipSurgence natural matte lip tint in hope
- Dusted tarte's smooth operator Amazonian clay finishing powder under eyes and in T-zone area to prevent shine and ensure it lasted through the evening
- Dusted provocateur pressed mineral powder in light
Photo courtesy of tarte