Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Get the Look: Julie Bowen at the Golden Globes

When I watched the Golden Globes, I was struck by how pretty Julie Bowen looked. It turns out her makeup look was created using tarte products - one of my favorites lines! Celebrity makeup artist Heather Currie helped Julie prepare for the Golden Globe Awards, where she was a presenter.

This from Heather..."Think gorgeous and elegant, yet still modern. Julie has amazing bone structure and looks stunning with a smoky eye. When I saw her dress, I was reminded of a John Singer Sargent painting. I wanted to create a metallic eye that was in the same tone as her dress, which was a taupe-y gray with a hint of silver."

Here's how Heather created the Julie's smashing look.

Makeup/Complexion
"Julie has glowing skin; I only wanted to enhance her flawless complexion."
  • Prepped her skin with tarte's clean slate natural primer
  • Applied tarte's ReCreate anti-aging foundation with Wrinkle Rewind technology with SPF 15 in cool bisque #04
  • Applied tarte's dark circle defense natural under eye corrector in light-to-medium
  • Dabbed tarte's new smooth operator illuminating serum on cheekbones
Makeup/Cheeks
"Keeping her look soft, I used a light peach with a touch of flush on her cheeks."
  • Swirl of tarte's NEW Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in blissful on the apple of her cheeks, with a touch of the tarte's new Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in flush (available only at Sephora)
Makeup/Eyes
"We really wanted Julie's look to focus on her gorgeous eyes. I created a metallic smoky eye based on her textured, taupe-y gray gown. I love layering shadows and using my fingers to smudge and blend the colors."
  • Prepped eyes with tarte's smooth operator Amazonian clay eyebase
  • Used a combination of shadows from tarte's NEW neutralEYES eye shadow palette tarte's femme naturale eye shadow palette, as well as tarte's emphaseyes aqua-gel eyeliner
"I love to layer eyeshadow with liner; I first used the darker brown shadows and smoked them at the lash line. I then applied the shimmery gray-silver on her lids (her dress had a hint of silver). I used the medium brown on the outer corner and upwards at the crease. I then re-lined the outer areas of her eyes."
  • Curled lashes with picture perfect lash curler
  • Coated lashes tarte's lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven natural mascara
Makeup/Lips
"To compliment her smoky eyes, I wanted Julie to have a sheer hint of rose on her lips."
  • Prepped lips with tarte's frxtion sugar exfoliator and lip balm duo
  • Used tarte's LipSurgence natural matte lip tint in hope
Finishing Touches
  • Dusted tarte's smooth operator Amazonian clay finishing powder under eyes and in T-zone area to prevent shine and ensure it lasted through the evening
  • Dusted provocateur pressed mineral powder in light
You can recreate the look Heather created for Julie's Golden Globes look. Head over to tarte's Web site, where you will find the products listed above. It's a glamorous, but natural look, one any of us can wear!

Photo courtesy of tarte

2 comments:

Marley said...

Julie Bowen did look pretty. Her makeup was the perfect counterpoint to the silver dress, sometimes hard for a blond to pull off.

Charlestongirl said...

I agree, Marley! Her makeup was exquisite, her dress was elegant...the only thing she could have improved was her hair style. Did you like it?