Friday, January 21, 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty La Femme Bleue Spring Collection 2011 Face Palette Sheer Blush

Next up in my series featuring Giorgio Armani Beauty's La Femme Bleue Spring Collection 2011 is the Face Palette, Sheer Blush ($49). Inspired by the rich colors of Armani's Touareg Blue Collection for Spring/Summer 2011, La Femme Bleue was used on the runway to complement the gorgeous midnight blue theme of the clothing.

Sheer Blush is one of my favorites among favorites within the Giorgio Armani Beauty line. I have purchased every shade I can possibly wear, including multiples of some, like #10. All of Armani's blushers are fabulous, and the new one lives up to the Sheer Blush reputation for quality.

While Armani's Web site says that this natural blusher adds the perfect amount of shimmer to create a dewy, luminous finish, I would characterize it as matte (pretty, dimensional matte - not flat matte). Once applied, the new Sheer Blush looks as natural as our own cheeks, sweetly flushed by a good joke. The translucent color creates softness by sculpting the face with color that blends effortlessly to give us a glow that radiates - and looks like our own!

I'm surprised they didn't give this new blush a number or name, other than Spring Collection 2011 Face Palette Sheer Blush (on the box). That's the only thing about this blush that's odd. The color is a sweet, but not sugary, sheer pink. I applied it very heavily to my arm so that I could get a swatch photo for you. My photo was taken inside in direct light, but not direct sun. I even used a sponge-tipped applicator, rather than a blush brush, to apply it to my arm so that I could pick up enough product to show you the shade.

As you can see, it's a perfect pink for spring. We could call it pure pink, baby pink, blushing pink, hyacinth pink, cherry blossom pink - I could let my imagination run wild trying to find descriptors for this gorgeous shade. As you would expect from a "complete collection," it looks drop-dead gorgeous with Giorgio Armani's new Dawn Pink Rouge d'Armani. Buy one, you'll "need" the other. You'll see when you get to the counter!

You can find La Femme Bleue Armani at the Giorgio Armani Web site, Neiman Marcus, or wherever you normally purchase your Armani Beauty products. I will be showing you the rest of my purchases from the collection later today. The collection is irresistible!

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

5 comments:

luv2smilexo said...

that is to die for. I have and love #2. I am so glad they brought back the waterproof pencils. I was so sad I missed out on it last spring. Did you hear anything about them releasing more eyes to kill shadows or rereleasing the gel blushes from last spring?

Charlestongirl said...

The new Eyes to Kill shades will arrive at stores in early February! I don't know of any plans yet to relaunch the Face Fabric Blush. Can't wait to see the shadows!

LRW said...

how does this Armani blush compare to Chanel's Pink Explosion? thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lynn!

Pink Explosion is much darker, and it's shimmery.

LRW said...

thanks for the reply about the Chanel blush. I bought the last Armani Spring blush at a boutique today and it is lovely!