Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dior Cannage Palette Accessoire du Regard in Whisper Grey for Spring 2010

Dior introduced two new Cannage Palettes for spring. Neiman Marcus had one of them - the prettiest, in my opinion. Dior Cannage Palette Accessoire du Regard in #002, Whisper Grey ($62) was a gorgeous addition to my spring makeup purchases.

Directly inspired by interlacing lines and sensual curves of the mythic Lady Dior, the unprecedented Dior Cannage palette, in quilted black, enhanced by the famous “D-I-O-R” metal charms (which I find superfluous - I don't need charms on my makeup), opens to reveal a palette of divinely quilted eye shadows set off with pink and ivory to adorn the eyes.

I find it interesting that Dior calls Whisper Grey the "dark" palette of the two. The other, Dawn Grey, appears to have darker shades in the photos I've seen. The shades in the Whisper Grey palette whisper "look into my eyes," subtly and with the magic we expect from spring shades. Lovely!

The sun finally came out here, after days of heavy clouds and an ice storm, and I was able to get a swatch photo for you. I applied the shadows with a sponge-tipped applicator and took the photo inside in a sunny window. You can see that three of the shades are shimmering pastels (I'm not sure what the dark mark on my arm is - I don't see it now). I swatched the palette, starting at top left with the pink shades, in a clockwise rotation.

The pink is subtle, a pink shade I can wear. The shimmering grey is taupe to my eye - and the eyes of several Neiman Marcus beauty experts. It's a gorgeous shade, which has just a hint of khaki in it in certain lighting. The ivory shade is a white tempered by a hint of beige that allows it to coordinate perfectly with the taupe. It's a very natural white for highlighting. The darkest shade, for a quiet eyeliner or pretty contour is a taupe-grey hybrid.

I am enormously pleased with this quad! Others must be too because I hear it has already sold out at the Tysons Galleria Neiman Marcus. You can find it at other Neiman Marcus stores, I'm sure (or ask your sales associate to order it for you), and you should be able to find it at other Dior department store counters. I am not sure what the strategy was for the distribution of the two palettes (and who got what), but this one's worth the hunt.

Photo at top courtesy of iswii.net

14 comments:

jbrobeck said...

OOH! Want! I hope Nordstrom gets this!!!

Charlestongirl said...

I wish I could check for you! Still not driving - am on loopy pills. :) But you could call them!

Unknown said...

It may be available on the Dior website. While you're there, check out Dior Diva Benefits, their shopping reward program, if you're not already familiar iwth it. Wish Chanel had such a program.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ava,

You can see both compacts on their Web site, but I couldn't find a way to buy one. I am not even sure I was on a US site when I found them!

It is a nice rewards program. I know Kari at Fab over Forty loves it!

faye lu said...

CD always releases the MOST beautiful palettes ... i can't bare to even swatch them. thanks for sharing x

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Faye Lu,

Can't bear to swatch them? One a season would be a treat. :)

Unknown said...

Dior has definitely produced the most exciting spring collection out of all other HE lines! very pretty shimmers

Fab Over 40 said...

I know Nordstrom is getting one of these, but the image I saw they were getting appeared to have at least one of the shades in a darker color. It's hard to tell though until I see it in person. A lot of times Sephora will have exclusives of Dior too since they're both owned by the same company. So they might be getting these too.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anna and Fab,

Anna, wait until you see YSL!

Fab, I suspect that different stores will get the different versions of the palette. I always wonder how buyers decide which version to select when they have a choice. The other has greys and is darker. You can see the photo at the Dior Web site.

Anonymous said...

i went to Neiman's website and can't see it there. Any idea where we can find this? I'm not in the USA and have to order online >.<
thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

I wish I could tell you where to find it, Snowprints! Since my knee surgery, I haven't been able to haunt my usual department stores.

You could call Kathy Shoreman at Neiman Marcus and ask her to locate one for you. Her phone number is (703) 761-1600. Ask for the Armani Beauty counter. She can do an "Option 7" to find one and have it sent to you (which I think is free since it sold out in her store).

Andreea said...

I gave up after one week and ordered it finally online...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Andreea, at least you were able to find it online! This one has been tough for gals to locate. Hope you love it!

Vanity said...

Just wonderful!