Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick - Tongue Tickles

After a brief hiatus, I'm continuing my Rouge Bunny Rouge series with a gorgeous lipstick. First, though, I need to express my thoughts about our friends in London, including the Zuneta team. After three nights of rioting, London has suddenly become a dangerous place. We are all hoping the government can find a way to restore order - quickly - with whatever show of force it takes to subdue crowds of vandals and looters. We hope that law-abiding citizens and those who are trying to protect them are safe. Now, back to beauty...

During one of my first online shopping forays at Zuneta, I saw that Rouge Bunny Rouge offered eight lipstick shades in a sheer formula. I love sheer lip colors. I had a dilemma. Buy one or all eight? I decided to buy one, try it out, and then order more. As you might imagine, I needed more. The first time I tried to order Tongue Tickles it was out of stock. I made a mental note to try again next time, and I did. When it arrived, I saw immediately why the shade is so popular. It was love at first sight.

Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick ($34.26) has all the qualities of my other new Rouge Bunny Rouge makeup beauties: whimsical packaging, lust-worthy color, and a story. The first shade I had ordered was Dissolved in Dreams. You can see it at this link. That's where you can also read the enchanting tale about these "soft, diaphanous colors that hover on your lips so finely that they enhance and refine your naturalness into a graceful glamour."

Just look at Tongue Tickles at right. It's gorgeous! It's described at Zuneta as a sheer, shiny, pale carnation pink with a white shimmer. That's one description that may not be spot-on. It's so much prettier than "pale carnation pink," which brings to mind vapid bouquets for sale on the roadside.

Tongue Tickles is a sheer, warm rose that sings in sunlight and dances in moonlight. It's one of my best-ever blind lipstick selections. It's lively on the lips, lending a sheer, medium rose-pink warmth that's simply stunning. I need to hoard it.

I took a few photos in full sun, but at different angles to the sun, to show it to you. On my lips? Tongue Tickles is a sheer, gleaming rosy pink with a bit of silver shimmer. The photo at right is probably the best representation of the color.

I realize I'm creating competition for my next order. At least I have one for now. I'm saving up my wish list so that I can order enough to get free shipping. I just hope that Tongue Tickles will be available when I order again. I need three more!

We hope our friends at Zuneta (and everywhere in London) are safe!

Photo at top courtesy of Zuneta; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I was so well behaved with my last order from Zuneta and didn't purchase any of my long lemmed Succulence of Dew lipsticks. So gorgeous! I don't know how much longer I can hold out!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Perilously Pale! You NEED at least one of these. They are fabulous.

lovethescents said...

My goodness this one is a beautiful colour. Going on the ever-growing wish list. *sigh*

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents,

The color is so gorgeous, it's lust-worthy. That's why I'm feeling compelled to hoard it. What if it were discontinued?

BeautyTidbits said...

It's so pretty and glossy......NEED it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Harshleen!

It definitely is one of those must-have shades. And it's so creamy and nice on the lips!

Jo said...

I have this lipstick, and I just love it. Feel another order coming on; I need a backup.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jo! You sound just like me. Always need back-ups. :)

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

I have Celiac Disease and must strictly avoid anything containing gluten. Nadin- from Rouge Bunny Rouge- has been fantastic researching their product ingredients. You could not ask for better, prompter or more professional customer service. I am sending her an email to check on the status of these lippies.

Charlestongirl said...

That is fascinating, LoveSugarBabyDoll! Thank you for sharing that story. I have a friend who shares your illness, and I'm going to pass along the info.

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

Some companies dance around the issue- others send lists of products or product ingredients to look for. NARS entire line is gluten free- bless their hearts and they will confirm it in writing if you email them. (love love love this) MAC is great on the phone. But Nadin at Rouge Bunny Rouge has been exceptional as this information was not at hand and she has been researching their entire line. So far RBR gluten free includes: quartz eyeliner (LOVE), liquid foundation, mattifying primer, lip crayons, eye kohls, long lasting lip pencil, make up melt cleanser, swift length mascara, modeling mascara, and their glide concealer. Love to support this company- they have great cosmetics and fabulous customer service.

Charlestongirl said...

Totally agree! The first time I featured them, I raved about the unparalleled service.

I'm going to send all your great info to my friend Ruth!