Monday, June 13, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick

What better way to continue my Rouge Bunny Rouge love fest than with a lipstick? I'm partial to sheer lipsticks, so when I saw at Zuneta that Rouge Bunny Rouge offered eight shades in a sheer formula, I had a dilemma. Buy one or all eight? I decided to buy one, try it out, and then order more. That "rational process" has resulted in an upcoming order - delayed gratification as I work my way though this whole line. I need more of these succulent lip colors!

Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick ($32.57) has all the qualities of my other new Rouge Bunny Rouge makeup beauties: whimsical packaging, lust-worthy color, and a story. Let's enjoy the story first.

This lipstick range is inspired by the translucently delicate butterflies from the Enchanted Garden. Their finesse is captured and cradled here for you in a sensuously sheer lipstick that acts with the power of a gloss. Soft, diaphanous colors hover on your lips so finely that they enhance and refine your naturalness into a graceful glamour. You'll whisper sexy enchantments with full, moist, and brilliantly shiny lips, but you'll never be overdone. Once you experience the beguilement you'll create with this new subtlety, you will never go back to having to shout. With such water-honeyed murmurings, you'll leave them longing for just one more glimpse of you...

The easy glide, hydrating dew-finish formula ensures superb comfort and softness. Suffused with manoi butter, hop extract, and vitamin E to nourish and protect from dryness and aging. Marine filling spheres fill in fine lines and wrinkles; sepilift provides firming action and re-sculpts the lips to fullness.

Tell me you could read that and not want all of them! I had a problem. I wanted Dark Juices (shiny, sheer, blue-toned plum shimmering with silver). I wanted Murmurings (wet effect, sheer, cool damson, like you have just eaten a bowl of cherries). I wanted Dissolved in Dreams (shiny, sheer watermelon with a silver shimmer). I decided to go with my dreams, ordering Dissolved in Dreams, what turned out to be one of the prettiest watermelon shades I've ever seen. I adore Zuneta's descriptions - they are so accurate! The color on my skin and lips is watermelon at its finest.

The tube photo above - taken in full sun (with the cap holding the lipstick from rolling down the incline of my driveway) - makes the lipstick appear to have some orange in it. That's not the way it applies. I took multiple swatch photos to ensure that I could accurately portray the color on skin. All were taken in sunshine, but at different angles. I was trying not to shine so much, even though I had gleam in my eye from this gorgeous lip color.

This is the watermelon you see in Ralph Lauren ads - so perfect you can taste it. The only thing that could have eclipsed the magic of its "discovery" would have been for my darling garden bunny to appear as I was taking photos in my own Enchanted Garden. That would have been a sign.

The color is bright - brighter than I normally wear, but so gorgeous that I'm going to wear it often. It makes my eyes pop bluer than they normally look. It's not as sheer as Dior Addict. It's more like Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in its finish. There's no fragrance to distract, and it's extremely long-lasting (remember, nothing lasts for hours on end for me). It feels good on my lips, with a hard-to-describe presence. I know it's there, but it's almost weightless.

I now think Murmurings may be too dark for me, but I know I'll be ordering Tongue Tickles, Dark Juices, and probably Fluttering Sighs. I'm sure I will sigh when they arrive. I still have more to show you from my second order, though. Stay tuned!

You can purchase Rouge Bunny Rouge at Zuneta. They offer free international shipping with orders over £65.

Photo at top courtesy of Zuneta; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Me said...

Nice! I definitely need DiD now. Murmurings isn't that dark, at least not on me, and I am quite fair. I reviewed it on my blog a couple weeks ago, and I am pretty sure Modesty Brown has swatched it. Check it out if you think it might be too dark for you--it's such a gorgeous color.

Don't you find the RBR lipsticks to be similar in texture to Chantecaille Lip Chics? Same cushiony gel-like feel, but different smell. Rather than vanilla cake, you get a whiff of clove. If you buy all of them, I will be very jealous.

Style de Nude said...

The shine on the color is beautiful and so glossy! This is perfect for work when a gloss is not quite appropriate!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Zuzu!

I get no whiff of clove, fortunately, since I hate clove. :)

Murmurings will be darker than I'm comfy wearing.

I won't buy them all. My credit card appears to be developping cracks from overuse.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi ProductDoctor!

That's an astute observation. I like it!

Noniek said...

I like this color, so glossy. It might no need lip gloss :)

Charlestongirl said...

It doesn't need lip gloss, Noniek. It feels nice and creamy and shines.

Anonymous said...

I have to confess - I have all eight of them, They are gorgeous! knowing your preferences I am sure you will love Fluttering Sighs and Water Honeyed.

Charlestongirl said...

Ooohh, thank you, Olfactoriatravels!

You have encouraged me to order more. Maybe all eight! I'm still a little dubious of Murmurings (such a deep shade!), but I could pull it off in the fall/winter, I'm sure.

lovethescents said...

Incredibly tempting. That watermelon colour is to_die_for. You had me at "moisturizing".

Clarisse said...

What a gorgeous colour!!!!
I didn't know this Russian-English brand based in England, I have discovered it with you, definitely worth a browse on Zuneta:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse!

Yes, by all means, you will have fun browsing at Zuneta! You can get EB there too, although I have some items headed your way. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

It feels great on my lips. I want to try their balm formula next - when I order more of the Sheers.

luv2smilexo said...

*dies* I love that color. I was doing so good resisting RBR until I saw this :P