Saturday, November 19, 2011

Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss in Midnight Violet

Bobbi Brown's High Shimmer Lip Gloss ($23) in Midnight Violet (#10) is a shade nearly everyone can wear - and love. High Shimmer Lip Gloss "combines gorgeous, light-catching shimmer with lasting, non-sticky shine. Made with fine pearls and clear pigments, High Shimmer Lip Gloss gives lips beautiful, brilliant dimension, and it’s enriched with emollients and vitamins C and E to moisturize, condition, and protect lips, so they feel as good as they look."

Gorgeous and super-sparkly, this gloss is full fun. - Bobbi Brown

Indeed, High Shimmer Lip Gloss offers a melange of shimmering hues in each tube, with multidimensional sparkles that contribute to each gorgeous shade. See if you can select just one. I keep buying them. My most-recent purchase was Midnight Violet. It's the kind of shade I should hoard. I love glosses that offer me enough color for swipe-and-go wear. Midnight Violet is that kind of gloss, and the shade could not be more perfect for autumn.

I took several swatch photos of Midnight Violet in full sun - at slightly different angles to the sun. I wanted to show you the luscious plum/grape shade and the shine. It doesn't get much prettier than this. It's one of my two favorite High Shimmer Lip Gloss shades. The other is Plum Gold, which you can see swatched at this link.

Whether you wear Bobbi Brown's newest gloss on its own or on top of your favorite lipstick, the new tapered applicator will allow you to apply it easily. No more struggling to put those little brushes back into the tube without irrevocably splaying them! I'm extremely happy about that. Even though there are 17 shades currently available, I want more. I'm enjoying High Shimmer Lip Gloss.

You can purchase High Shimmer Lip Glosses in all of the shades at Bobbi Brown's Web site and Bobbi Brown counters. I purchased Midnight Violet online.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Clarisse said...

Lovely and original shade (it is more so than the usual pink!)
I don't know if you have heard of the events in honor of BB in France(and England too I think)? It was a big buzz before: "BB is coming to Paris to celebrate the 25th anniversary of her brand", all the bloggers talked about it as the most representative ones were invited to meet her at one of the receptions..So she came and conquered everyone:-) All were delighted by her, so simple, so charming.. I watched an interview and it's true she is very straightforward, gorgeous and as easy to talk to as your best friend: we are all impressed! And she promised that next year we'll be able to order her products from a French web-site, which is all we have been praying for:-) C'est vraiment une grande dame de la beauté! Have you by chance met her?

Charlestongirl said...

I have met her, Clarisse. Many years ago, when her company was new, she made an appearance at Neiman Marcus Tysons. She spent about 15 minutes with me, telling me what colors were best for me - and which one to avoid. She was so nice!

She's on TV all the time here, always helping women look real/natural and pretty at the same time.

Clarisse said...

You lucky girl:-)I'd love to be given advice by her!!!!

lovethescents said...

Gorgeous wintery colour! How very lucky you are to have met Bobbi Brown too....and a personalized consultation? So much fun :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse and Lovethescents!

It was a really nice consultation. The one thing she told me that I have always remembered: Don't ever wear red-toned eye shadows on your eyes. She was so right!

lizzybee said...

Love Bobbi Brown, and her philosophy, and this lip gloss shade !! You're so fortunate to have met her in person. She really deserves the success she reaped over the years. xo Beth in Pgh

Mamavalveeta03 said...

This looks a lot like Clinique's classic "Black Honey", doesn't it?
I am SO happy that Bobbi changed the applicators on her lipgloss (after 25 years of her artists saying, "Um, this isn't working for us!").
I met Bobbi at her studio in Soho many years ago at a training session for new makeup artists and I was THRILLED beyond belief to be standing there, towering over her!!! lol...She was very gracious!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal!

It does remind me of Black Honey, but it offers glorious shine.

Bobbi is short. Maybe why she sits at store appearances? LOL...I'd sit too. Too exhausting otherwise.

I hated those little gloss brushes, but, amazingly, they had fans. Store artists used to try to convince me of the superiority of application, making the best of what they had, I guess.