Thursday, November 17, 2011

Estée Lauder The Color Stylist for Holiday 2011

Each year, Estée Lauder releases a fabulous gift set for the holidays. I love these sets, packed with goodies and only $57.50 with any Estée Lauder fragrance purchase. I'll admit I buy them for myself - one of my rewards for shopping!

This year's Color Stylist set comes with 30 colors, brushes, and more - plus tips on creating makeup looks for day or night. The chic red cosmetics traveler is great for makeup or brush storage (that's how I use cases). The set also comes with an elegant clutch companion bag and travel mirror.

Here's what you get in this year's set. The color choices this year are particularly nice.
  • Deluxe Eyeshadow Compact with 18 coordinating shades (Summer Linen, Amazing Grey, Amethyst Spark, Flirty Lilac, Pink Flash, Purple Passion, Nude Fresco, Tranquil Moon, Peacock Blue, Smokey Ember, Berry Burst, Tempting Mocha, Ivy Envy, Chocolate Bliss, Ivory Slipper, Sandbar Beige, Hot Cinnamon, and Riviera Rose)
  • Deluxe All-Over Face Compact (Estée Lauder Signature Silky Powder Blush in Nude Rose, Radiant Peach, and Pink Kiss, plus Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer - particularly appealing to me
  • Three Pure Color Long Lasting Lipsticks (full-size, in Barely Nude, Candy, and Exotic Orchid)
  • Pure Color Gloss (Orchid Passion and Electric Ginger
  • Two Artist's Eye Pencils (SoftSmudge Black and SoftSmudge Brown)
  • Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara (deluxe travel size)
  • Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (full-size) - I can't count the number of years I've been using this wonderful product
  • Four Deluxe Makeup Brushes (Powder, Blush, Lip, and Eye) - I always love the brushes
  • Look Book with tips on creating a makeup look for day or night
  • Travel Mirror
  • Chic Red Cosmetic Traveler
  • Elegant clutch companion bag
I saw the set today at Neiman Marcus and plan to buy one as soon as I can determine whether I'm buying Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia for myself or replenishing my mother's White Linen stock. The Color Stylist is available at Estée Lauder's Web site and at counters.

Photo courtesy of Estée Lauder

6 comments:

Suselew said...

I initially was going to pick this up until I determined that half the shades in the eye palette are ones from last year's holiday kit. I don't like the brushes or eye liners that come in their sets, either. The blush has 2 colors I already have, too. Overall, it's a awesome value if you have nothing from EL, but for those of us who love the brand, it's too much duplication with throwing in of a few mediocre fillers.

Charlestongirl said...

That's fascinating, Suselew! I love the brushes. In fact, I'm using a blush brush from EL that I've had for years. It came in a GWP.

I don't always keep the eye palettes. My friends love them. :) To me, this set is worth the price for the brushes and eye makeup remover alone, and the blushes are a bonus! Plus, I store stuff in the cases. The little red bag this year is darling too.

When you think about it, how many eye shadow shades are there? There are always going to be dupes in a set like this. I don't expect new colors, which are reserved for launches.

The only thing in this set that I personally consider useless filler is the tip card. :)

I'm anxious to see the Lancôme one too. Those are usually equally nice.

Rosamaria said...

The tuberose gardenia is gorgeous, but my vote is for mom's white linen. Have to take care of our moms!

Charlestongirl said...

Laughing, Rosamaria!

Me...or Mom...Me...or Mom? :)

Evelyn said...

Both? :)

Reena said...

ooohhh... I'd def purchase this set for a friend of mine. She love makeup! I think this will be a good starter set for her.