Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Coming Attraction: Guerlain Spring Colour Collection 2012 - The Pinks and the Blacks

For Spring 2012, Guerlain tells the story of spring by pairing bursts of pink side by side with the intensity of black. Sophisticated and elegant, this color collection defines femininity, while also revealing our inner seductress. I can't wait! Sunshine was predicted for today, but it's cloudy and breezy - perfect weather for thinking spring!

Météorites Cruel Gardenia ($67)
Packaged within the legendary rosette of the Météorites Perles, we'll find a stunning pink flower. Named after one of the exclusive fragrances from the House of Guerlain, Météorites Cruel Gardenia, shown above, will light up the skin with a subtly iridescent veil. Guerlain advises to create a radiant complexion by applying Cruel Gardenia all over the face or in a specific area, such as the cheekbones, to add structure and definition to the face.

Rouge G ($48)
As an ode to the color pink, four glamorous new shades have been created for spring. With a dash of ruby powder, hyaluronic acid to smooth and plump, a hint of filling gugul resin, plumping tiger grass, and wild mango butter for perfect hydration, your lips will be left radiant and as soft as a flower petal.

The four limited-edition “Pink Collection” Rouge G shades will be #72, Rose Innocent; #73, Rose Ensoleillé; #74, Rose Piquant; and #75, Rose Barbare. Even though I find the Rouge G cases to be too heavy for me, I doubt I'll be able to resist these gorgeous shades. Plus, there's word that next year we may see refills.

There will also be new permanent additions to Guerlain's eye shadows and lip glosses.
Écrin 6 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palettes ($85.00)
Within one case, the six eyeshadow colors in 66 Boulevard du Montparnasse (shown above) dazzle. This is a new, permanent shade. The central luminous pink shade is surrounded by pearl mauve, tea rose, soft violet and soft pink, while a liner traces the eyes in an intense plum. Whether you create a tone-on-tone, couture, or smoky eye look, the result is captivating. Moonstone, the key ingredient, adorns the eyes with its silvery reflection and lamellar structure to keep the eyeshadow in place all day for a fresh look.

Écrin 4 Couleurs Long-Lasting Eyeshadows ($59)
Each harmony of Ecrin 4 Couleurs is composed of an interplay of four different and specially selected textures to allow you to mix and match to define your own look. There are two new permanent shades.

#12 Les Aquas - For a sophisticated and stunning gaze, this palette mixes an iridescent blue, a matte navy, a velvety turquoise, and a glacier metallic blue.
#11 Les Roses - Consisting of an iridescent pink with pearl particles, a matte pink, a metallic violet, and a raspberry shade with a velvety finish, this palette allows you to create a fresh yet seductive look.

Kiss Kiss Gloss ($32)
This spring, lips will be pretty in pink! Kiss Kiss Gloss will melt over the lips allowing for a comfortable, long-lasting shine. There will be four new permanent shades.

#869 Rose in Bloom: pure pink
#870 Cherry Pink: a gourmand pastel
#871 Frosted Rose: an off-white with delicate, subtle pink mother-of-pearl particles.
#872 Flush Pink: an intense fuchsia

I can't resist Kiss Kiss Gloss, so I see four new ones in my makeup wardrobe. I'll have to raid the savings account.

Guerlain's Spring Colour Collection will be available in January 2012 at select locations at Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, and at Bergdorf Goodman.

The spring makeup trends are coming up pink and peach - colors that work for all of us. It's going to be a gorgeous season.

Photos courtesy of Guerlain

28 comments:

Carrie Meredith said...

Gorgeous colors! This is the first new collection since last fall that I've been excited about.

lovethescents said...

Very pretty. I'm not ready for spring yet. We've only had one snow fall so far so we're barely into winter! When the time is right, I look forward to swatches :-)

xiao said...

Oh the Meteorites <3

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Carrie!

Just think...January is right around the corner. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents, I'm ready. I hate winter, so pretending it's not going to happen suits me well.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi xiao,

I've seen all the comparisons with the Laura Mercier rose. This one is supposed to be a gardenia. I'm sure/I hope the colors will be different on the skin. :)

Charlestongirl said...

BTW, all, many of us got the photos this morning from Guerlain. I'm seriously smitten with the colors in this collection. Glad it's coming out in January!

pinkribbons said...

I want the Meteorites, it looks so gorgeous and feminine. Can't wait for all the Spring collections to hit the counter.

Charlestongirl said...

Same here, Pinkribbons! I need to call my NM and reserve EVERYTHING!

Isla said...

Ooh January? Something to look forward to! I think I will have to have at least one of the quads and lipsticks. I hate winter too!

Charlestongirl said...

That's all, Isla? How can you resist those glosses?

Isla said...

I have to restrain myself! And I've never really been a fan of Kiss Kiss glosses.

Charlestongirl said...

Restraint is something I have trouble exercising. :)

makeup magpie said...

Very pretty! :) I always look forward to seeing Guerlain's new collections!

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Makeup Magpie! I've become quite the Guerlain groupie.

Evelyn said...

Yup, the first thing I am buying for spring is the Meteorites. Then I'll think about a Rouge G since, since pinks come right behind my first love of red lipsticks. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn, those are some of the prettiest Rouge Gs I've ever seen! I must also have Cruel Gardenia! I just bought a decant of the perfume. Now I can buy the new color too.

Nina said...

This is kind of off topic - but have you seen that most of the new Chanel spring collection is available through Nordstrom online (the nail polishes, Rouge Coco Shine, glossimers)? Sorry for the digression....

Joey said...

I need both pink eyeshadow palettes right now! =)

Eileen said...

I actually had the opportuty to see side-by-side, on the skin, swatches of the Laura Mercier and Guerlain highlighters. The Guerlain is lighter In color and creates a finer finish than the LM. For those of us who found the LM too intense, the Guerlain should be perfect. I've already asked my lovely Guerlain SA to put one aside for me and call me as soon as the collection arrives. I feel confident Météorites Cruel Gardenia is going to fly off the shelves. I'm also certain there will be some new Rouge G, Kiss Kiss gloss, and Écrin in my future :-)

Guerlain's Les Roses et le Noir will probably blow my beauty budget for January, but what a way to go! LOL

Veronica said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous!. Can you recommend a Guerlain SA with whom I can reserve some of this collection? I do not have a Guerlain counter in my area!!! Thank you for posting these gorgeous pictures! I always appreciate your blog!

Charlestongirl said...

Those kinds of digressions are always welcome, Nina!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Eileen. I just instinctively knew that had to be the case. Glad to hear it. I can't wait to get my hands on the collection!

Charlestongirl said...

Joey, we are going to have to wait for January! With the holidays, though, January (and the cold) will be here before we know it. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Veronica,

I always recommend Kathy Shoreman. You can reach here either at 571-212-8399 or 703-761-1600, extension 3282.

Charlestongirl said...

Veronica, Here's another option...

Jason T Beers
Counter Manager
Guerlain Beauty
Bergdorf Goodman
(212)872-2734 (646)320-2637
jtbeersguerlain@yahoo.com

Charlestongirl said...

Nina, don't get too excited. Those colors at Nordies are listed as back-ordered until 12/16 when you try to order them.

morelikespace said...

That highlighter meteorites powder will be mine! I'm trying to figure out if those pinks look like they're easily dupe-able or if I need all of them... Could go either way at this point...

Thanks for posting this "teaser"!