Sunday, November 6, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Stoc-Ken Stuffers in Merry Metallics for Holiday 2011

Le Métier de Beauté's beautiful new Stoc-Ken Stuffers ($32) arrived at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria. That means they should arrive at a Neiman Marcus near you (or online) very soon. I introduced them here last month. I'll recap very quickly, since I showed you All That Glitters on Friday.

The Stoc-Ken Stuffers were designed by Ken Downing for Le Métier de Beauté. This year, Ken is spreading a little holiday cheer with two sets of Le Métier de Beauté metallic mini-sized nail lacquers. Ken's Stocking Stuffers ($32 for a set of four) in Merry Metallics and All That Glitters offer a total of eight little lacquers designed to make you and your friends shine.

"Shimmer and shine are a passion of mine," said Downing. "I've taken my love for all that glitters and injected brilliant color to create a playful collection of holiday nail lacquers."

Merry Metallics consists of four festive hues.
  • Plum Puddin' - rich plum spun with sheer silver
  • Tarnished Silver - moonlit platinum
  • Lamé Entertain You - shimmering copper with silver undertones
  • Red-E and Waiting - sheer red with metallic gold undertones
Each lacquer glides on effortlessly with a 220-bristle flat brush specially designed for smooth color and easy application. Specifically formulated without formaldehyde, toluene, and dibutyl phthalate (DPB, a commonly used plasticizer), Le Métier de Beauté Nail Lacquers provide long-lasting, chip-resistant, protective color and shine. They comply with Proposition 65.

I swatched in the order listed above and took my photos in late-afternoon sun. These shades might not be the first shades that come to mind for Christmas - with the exception of the brilliant red - but they are stunning for any time of year. Metallic without being glittery, they are elegant and flattering. I'm smitten with Tarnished Silver.

Le Métier de Beauté Stoc-Ken Stuffers are exclusive to Neiman Marcus. These little darlings will blow out of the stores, so call to purchase yours now. A friend who loves nail colors will be delighted to find one under the tree, so make sure to buy at least one for you and one for "them."

Photo at top courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, they are as pretty as I'd hoped from the descriptions. I think I like the Merry Metallics set the best of the two. Not necessarily festive but very icy, winter appropriate.

Charlestongirl said...

Definitely icy - except for the red, which is simply divine. :)

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I love them and will need to buy them for sure. Both sets actually.

Charlestongirl said...

Aren't they pretty, Marcia? If you don't have a NM person to take care of you locally, call Kathy Shoreman at 703-761-1600, ext. 3282. She will take good care of you and send samples. :)

Miss Brahms said...

Of all the holiday nail sets, these cheery brights are my faves. What is the deal with black holiday polish, anyway? I love the ornaments too! It reminds me of the trend to wear aspen leaf earrings back in the early '80s! I like the size of the polish bottles, too - I have so many wasted half-bottles of OPI and essie in my nail polish bin, that these seem made for the times!
Thanks, Charlestongirl!

Rosamaria said...

Gorgeous! Like this set better, although both are beautiful.

Joey said...

This is my favorite of the two sets! I'd actually use these colors =)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Miss Brahms!

I love the way this nail lacquer applies. Very smooth and easy!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Rosamaria!

It's funny in a way - we all have our favorites. I'm glad I didn't have to choose. I love them both, for different reasons.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joey!

You wouldn't wear Christmas green and red? :)