Wednesday, November 23, 2011

NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Como

I have to try new lip glosses, so when Sephora had its recent Friends & Family Sale, I ordered NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss ($26) in Como. It was a tough choice because Tiber was also calling my name. I think I chose well. Como is very pretty!

Outrageously lustrous color meets high-impact shine. Dramatic, stay-in-place shades glide on smoothly and evenly for lips that are more luminous and voluminous than ever before.

These were the features that caught my eye - both before purchase and after.
  • High-shine, high-impact finish gives a dramatic effect
  • Long-lasting, stay-in-place wear
  • Infused with ingredients to nourish and fight free radicals while natural lip enhancers pump up volume
  • Shorter-bristle brush delivers the most precise application possible
It was the shorter-bristle brush that captured my attention immediately - right after the pretty color. My first thought was that there was something wrong with the brush. It was narrow and squatty, very different from older NARS gloss applicators. It works perfectly, though, applying a nice, heavy coating of gloss for intense color and lasting wear. It's not anything like those old Bobbi Brown gloss brushes that always splayed when you tried to re-insert them in the tube. It moves back into tube storage with ease.

We had five minutes of sunshine earlier this morning, and I literally ran outside to try to capture photos. Now, as I write, rain has moved back in. Hopefully, it will clear later.

Isn't the cool-toned rose shade pretty? NARS calls it a shimmering berry. It's glossy (as it should be) and offers saturated color. It feels heavy on the lips, like most NARS lip glosses. They are an acquired taste. Once you get used to the feeling of "wearing gloss," you'll realize that the heaviness contributes to the long wear. The pretty color and shine of Como stick with me for a long time.

I think Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Como is delightful. If you're in the market for a new berry rose gloss, this one's lust-worthy.

You can purchase NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss at the NARS Web site, Sephora, and NARS counters (there's one at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria).

Photo at top courtesy of NARS; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Joey said...

I was eyeing this color! I think it's the prettiest of the bunch.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joey!

Clearly, I thought that too. :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

This is so pretty, but I tend to be more of a "rose" girl. Have you tried the others? What about "piree"?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal!

I haven't had time to try any of the others yet. I'll check back in when I do. I need to look at them at NM - or somewhere. :)