Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tom Ford Beauty Cheek Color in Love Lust

Once again, the online photos don't quite match up with the actual product. In the case of Tom Ford Beauty's Cheek Color in Love Lust ($55), I was much more delighted with the color that arrived than the one I had expected. The photo on the Neiman Marcus Web site is shown above. My photo, taken in full, mid-day sun, is shown immediately below.

To read more about Tom Ford Beauty and the new collection, please scroll down to this feature. I don't see much sense in recapping information I provided yesterday. I would like to feature the gorgeous color of Love Lust.

The packaging is the same as it is for the Eye Color Quads I purchased, with hefty brown and gold compacts that are provided in brown suede pouches - all nice. The color matters more to me, and Love Lust did knock my socks off. I think it's gorgeous.

I purchased two blushes, and I purposely selected the two with the lowest shade numbers (Love Lust is 01), believing that they would be best for my fair complexion. I think I was correct. Love Lust is a gorgeous peach. Some might call it a very warm pink, but the description peach works for me.

I'm not sure my swatch photos do it justice. I applied Love Lust very heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm and fairly heavily with a dense blush brush below - just to show enough color. The swatch photos were taken in full sun.

Love Lust has a slight shimmer in the sun - more of a gleam. It's lively without overt sparkle. The first time I applied it, I sighed. This is the kind of makeup that helps you forget about the price. When applied properly, with a brush and lightly swept on the cheeks, the color draws attention. While the powder is a little "powdery" in the compact, it blends into the skin beautifully.

I like the other shade I purchased, Frantic Pink (02), almost as much. I'll feature it as soon as possible. I can heartily recommend the Tom Ford Cheek Color. That makes me a little giddy.

If you want to shop Tom Ford Beauty, the line is available at Neiman Marcus' Web site and select Neiman Marcus stores. It's also available at Bergdorf Goodman.

Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

19 comments:

Evelyn said...

I am being tempted. hehee I thought I wouldn't buy anything from the Tom Ford collection but just maybe...a little something... :)

ANemo said...

Just when I finished buying the latest CHANEL, here you come with the Tom Ford. Oh my! Here I go again. I am tempted by the Flush blush and maybe Ravish; by eye quads in Titanium Smoke, Cognac Sable, Silvered Topaz, and Burnished Amber. $$$$$. Anyway, I had the best day yesterday, Charleston girl! I spent hours getting highlights/lowlights, then I raced to my nearby CHANEL counter just for fun and lo and behold they had just received the new Rouge Allure Velvet collection you only recently blogged about. I had just enuf $ with me to buy all 3 polishes, and 3 of the new lipsticks: Sensuelle, Fascinate, and Le Exuberante (misspellings, I know). I left happy. All thanks to you. And also thanks to you, I can see it repeating with the Tomn Ford. haha.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn!

I know...maybe a little something. It would help you dip your toes in the water. What better way than with a pretty blush?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo!

Sounds like you had a very good day. Be careful on the colors. Some are intense, some aren't. It's really hard to decide from the online photos.

Check out the Sahara Haze Eye Color Quad. That's the one I bought that I love.

Anonymous said...

This looks gorgeous!! I want to also check out the contour palette as I've heard great things about it as well.

Evelyn said...

Exactly! I was thinking about the eye palettes but thinking what if I don't like one of the colors? At least with a blush, I have to love the whole thing!

lovethescents said...

So pretty! Looks incredibly pigmented as well. What a lovely colour for the fall.....

pinkribbons said...

Would this blush suit someone with medium skin tone? I think this colour is very similar to blush in the Chanel holiday collection, your thoughts?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents, a very pretty color for fall - or winter, spring, or summer. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi pinkribbons! Yes, absolutely. There is enough color to suit medium skin tones.

Do you mean Les Tissages de Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect ($45) in Tweed Brun Rosé? They are both peach. I think I like the Tom Ford color just a little more than the Chanel. I tucked the Chanel away for spring, so I never wore though the gold overspray. As a result, it's more sparkly than Love Lust.

Charlestongirl said...

Tracy, I saw that contour palette and wondered about it. The TF area rep here is a friend. When she returns from New York, I want to ask about it.

Anonymous said...

Sigh ... I think it's ingenious of you to suppose that the "low" numbers correlate to fair skin. So beautiful. I am so grateful that you have the same coloring as I do, CG- it makes my cosmetic-selecting dimension so much easier; I am a poor unwilling decider. The blushes are so pretty.

Unknown said...

Hi Charlestongirl, are we ever going to get TF locally?

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, I'm being told next year. The store with the highest prospect seems to be Saks Chevy.

Miss Brahms said...

Actually, Neiman's Tysons Corner is set to receive Tom Ford cosmetics line in January.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ms. Brahms!

Charlestongirl said...

Tracy,

I found out today about Shade and Illuminate. Talked to our area Tom Ford rep. She said she loves it. That it does a beautiful job of sculpting the cheekbones. Now I want it! She has great taste and wouldn't lead me astray.

She also said that Sahara Haze was one of the top selling eye quads at the opening this week at Bergdorf Goodman. Glad I got it!

Charlestongirl said...

Miss Brahms, if that's true about Tysons in January, yippee. The prob is that our area account executive isn't sure it's true. There will be additional locations receiving the spring collection, but she has not been told if any of our DC stores won that lottery. We can only hope!

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, to follow up on my response to Miss Brahms, our area account executive and I talked for a long time today, and all three stores, two NMs and one Saks (for sure), want the line. It's unlikely that they will all get the next launch - for spring. I'll let you know when I get a definitive answer.

I need to follow up about Burberry at Pentagon City!