Monday, November 7, 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty Madre Perla Eye Palette for Holiday 2011

The second of my new Giorgio Armani Beauty treasures is this Madre Perla Eye Palette ($59 and labeled #2). It is every bit as gorgeous as the Madre Perla Face and Eye Palette I featured this morning. I love Giorgio Armani Beauty makeup, and I 'm excited about these elegant new palettes.

The Eye Palette offers a color harmony enhanced with a touch of iridescence. The smoky eye can go pastel, taking on a satiny, luminous sheen with the softness of this shimmering ivory, lavender, and taupe trio. Micronized pigments incorporated into a translucent base cloak the eyelids in a veil of color.

Here's a photo of this gorgeous eye palette, taken in full sun at my house. Each shade is exquisite. At the top, the shimmering ivory adds a sophisticated base or highlighting shade to the eyes. The large swath of gold in the center is emblazoned with Giorgio Armani's iconic logo. It's a stunning shade - just as pretty as the golds in the Face and Eye Palette, but different from them. I'd describe it as a pastel golden taupe. The lavender at the bottom is a cool, icy, shimmering pink to my eye - maybe with a touch of lavender in it.

My swatch photos were taken in full, mid-day sun. I applied each shade with a sponge-tipped applicator, using a very heavy hand to get the ivory shade to reveal all its gleaming color on my arm.

When applied with an eye shadow brush, these shades offer a transparent veil of color, as promised. They are enormously flattering, lighting up my eyes with colors that look great on my fair skin.

I'd guess that as skin tones darken, these shades will offer even more of a luminous punch than they do on very fair skin like mine. I'd love to see them on dark skin. I may have to drag one of my chocolate-skinned friends over to the store just to play.

Even with all of the Giorgio Armani Beauty makeup I already have (and there's a lot here since it's one of my favorite lines), I'm deliriously happy with my new palettes. They will be great to use alone and just as much fun blended with other Armani eye shadows. I have a lot of experimentation ahead to me so that I can discover blends and combinations I haven't yet considered.

The Madre Perla Eye Palette is a limited edition, so I'd recommend you call your favorite Armani Beauty counter to buy one - or reserve one - now. I'd recommend that you purchase the Face and Eye Palette at the same time. If you wait, it may be sold out. Both should be available at the Armani Beauty Web site soon. If you need help, give Kathy Shoreman at Neiman Marcus a call. They take VISA and Master Card now too, an enabler for those who don't use the store's card or American Express. Kathy can be reached at 703-761-1600, extension 3282.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Mercedes said...

This looks amazing for a "go to" quick look. I love natural shimmering colors.

Anonymous said...

So pretty CG, but maybe not for us fair ladies, eh? I'd be dragging my honey-colored friends to the counter as well: it seems that it would look amazing on that kind of "canvas" !! I am afraid of too glittery an effect, also. Thank you for this though.

Charlestongirl said...

It's fabulous, Mercedes! Gives a perfect gleam, not at all glittery!

Charlestongirl said...

Actually, Anonymous, it's perfect for us fair ladies! Give it a try.

Liz said...

This is SO beautiful (I love the soft color palette). Nordstrom doesn't have these yet so I may need to contact your gal...were there any lip products with the collection that you loved? xoLiz

lovethescents said...

These are some remarkable swatches. I'm not sure they would work for me, though. Taupes can be sooooo tricky with my skintone, as I discovered with the Armani grey palette :-(

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Lovethescents,

If your photos are a good indication, you should look pretty in this palette!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Liz,

Yes, four glosses. I featured one today. Only three of them have arrived at NM, and I've contacted Armani in NY to find out where the rosewood shade is.

lovethescents said...

Thanks, Charlestongirl...I think I'm taupe-coloured so taupe just sort of doesn't do anything on my lids...love that lavender colour, though!

Bonnie C. said...

I'm so glad to see all the different holiday stuff that you are getting, especially since I can't get out to the stores to see the collections myself. This palette has the kind of colors I would usually go for, they look so pretty and have some lovely shimmer. :-) Thanks for this post! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bonnie,

Glad you're still out there reading the blog. I miss you! Maybe you could put it on your Christmas list?