Congratulations to Isla!Sometimes, I get a little wild and crazy, buying gorgeous makeup and then forgetting about it. Such was the case with Chanel's Brun-Express Eyeshadow Duo (#30). It got tucked away last December when I was getting ready for my knee surgery, and it stayed tucked away until this week, when I rescued it from the makeup "graveyard" in Savannah's room.
Brun-Express was very popular with celebrities. Penelope Cruz wore it to the Golden Globes one year, courtesy of makeup artist Jeanine Lobell. Google it, and you'll find pages of results. It's a great shadow duo for everyone. Who can't wear ivory and brown? You can apply it lightly for an everyday look or more dramatically for a stunning smoky eye. It comes with two little sponge-tipped applicators, and the compact is packed in the traditional Chanel velveteen pouch within the box.
Anyhow, I need to share some of my treasures, so Brun-Express is this week's giveaway contest prize. How can you enter to win? All you really have to do is leave a comment on this feature. Just don't tell me I'm crazy, please.
After you comment here, feel free to send me an e-mail at email@example.com and identify your comment. You can never be too careful about sharing an e-mail address you care about on a blog, so feel free to follow this step (an alternative is to code your e-mail, e.g., myname at gmail dot com, in your comment).
You can earn extra entries. Follow this blog (through an e-mail subscription, GFC, or though one of the many Google readers - see sidebar at right) to earn a second entry. If you are a follower, it would help me tally entries if you tell me in your comment how you follow. You don't have to follow to enter. I want everyone to have a chance, but I also want to reward my followers. I must be able to track this entry.
You can earn a third entry by tweeting this contest. You must include "@BTiBeauty" (without the quotes) and the contest title in your tweet. I will tweet the contest this evening, and you can simply retweet it to earn that second entry.
The deadline for entries will be Saturday, November 12, at midnight. The next day, I will use a random number generator (random.org) to select the winner. I will e-mail the winner on Sunday. The winner will have 48 hours to reply to my message and provide a shipping address. After 48 hours, the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be selected. Make sure to check your e-mail - and look in your spam folder - when the contest ends.
This contest is open to anyone anywhere. Here are the terms. I will carefully pack and ship the prize (as I always do). I cannot insure the prize for overseas shipment - it's amazingly expensive to do so because of the way I have to send insured mail. If it's lost or stolen in transit, I may not be able to replace it with another prize just like it. I'll do my best on this end; let's see if your mail service does right by you on the other end if we have an overseas winner. Lately, my shipping luck has improved significantly.
Legal notice: Apparently, there are "legalities" related to sweepstakes (yes, this is a sweepstakes, not a contest), contests in which the winner is drawn at random. The law requires many official rules, and the legalese on blog giveaways must include them. For those who love too much information, here are more rules for this "contest" - those that aren't stated above. In the future, I will probably publish a page just for sweepstakes rules. Until I find time to do that...
- No purchase is necessary - you can't buy things here anyhow!
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- This prize is worth approximately $42 plus the costs of shipping.
- The number of eligible entries received will determine the odds of winning.
- Should one occur, a dispute or mistake will be handled to ensure the winner is reasonably happy.
- I will publish the name the winner used in the comment required to enter. Full names not disclosed in the comment will not be publicized.
- The winner releases Best Things in Beauty for all liability by providing a mailing address. That means you can't blame me if you don't like it or you break your leg getting it out of your mailbox.
- You can always find Charlestongirl by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This contest is regulated in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Can you even believe my need to publish all these rules?