Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bobbi Brown Sheer Color Lip Glosses from the Neons & Nudes Collection for Spring 2012

Bobbi Brown's Neons & Nudes Collection features bright, neon colors that can be balanced by soft nudes and neutrals for a selective pop of color. When the collection arrived at the stores, I saw it first at Nordstrom and bought all three new Sheer Color Lip Glosses (23). Each one offers sheer, glossy color that can brighten any lipstick you pull from your collection.

Don't let the vibrant colors in the tubes deceive you. The Neons & Nudes shades offer pastel pleasure in Citrus, Cosmic Pink, and Ultra Violet.

I swatched them in the order shown above and took my photos in full sun. Citrus, shown at the top of my arm, is our favorite tangerine shade for spring. Anyone who can resist buying at least one new tangerine lip gloss for the spring season is a stronger woman than I am! Citrus reminds me of natural orange juice, held to the sky for a glint of golden warmth.

Cosmic Pink is bright baby pink, but so sheer anyone will be able to wear it. Ultra Violet offers a little less color on my skin, and the pink has more blue in it. It's not really purple as it appears in the tube.

Bobbi Brown's Sheer Color Lip Glosses are infused with soothing botanical extracts to keep lips healthy and soft. They offer a little more shine now, and because they also feature tapered sponge applicators (rather than those squatty little brushes), I like them more than ever.

Make sure to check out the Neons & Nudes Collection when you visit the Bobbi Brown counter - or shop online at Bobbi's Web site, where you can watch Bobbi's new Neons & Nudes video.

Update 1/14: I got some interesting insight into these glosses and how they are being received. I had time to talk to one of my favorite Bobbi Brown reps. He said that they should be used over lipstick to achieve their intended effect. Naturally, he loves them over Bobbi's bright new shades.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

bisbee said...

Pretty...but they are awfully sheer. The problem with swatching such sheer glosses on your arm in sunlight is that the results are in no way relatable to the way they will appear on the lips...since most people's lips are much more pigmented than the skin on the arm!

I think I'll pass...but the GA Sheer lipsticks in your next post are VERY interesting!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bisbee,

These glosses are VERY sheer, and so you are right. They do not have the pigmentation to add more than a pop of color - to my lips or anyone else's. I wouldn't wear any of them alone - just over lipsticks. I like them that way.

Bobbi Brown designed them to go over her Neon Lip Colors. For that, they are perfect.

These GA Sheers have me hyperventilating. :)