Tuesday, January 17, 2012

YSL Beauté Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain

YSL Beauté's Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain ($32) is a revolutionary new lip product that combines the texture and shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain. YSL created Glossy Stain to coat the lips with color, offering a lightweight texture that immediately melts into lips upon application. Glossy Stain delivers intense, glossy color for an extremely long-lasting shine.

Glossy Shine is shipping to the YSL counters at our department stores on March 1. Over the weekend, I discovered that it's already available at Sephora. I ordered four shades (hope I like them all) to see how the little color swatches online represent the shades and their intensity. I suspect they will arrive tomorrow, and I'll photograph them as soon as I can. I had planned to hold off on this feature, but Nina asked about the new Glossy Shines this morning, and I promised to post the information I have today.

The color range is enormous - 20 shades for every moment and preference, from delicate pinks and plums for day to bright reds, berries, and burgundies for any occasion that calls for more drama. I'm sure you'll agonize over the choices if you decide to shop online at Sephora. I did. Once I know a product, it's easy to select shades from those little online swatches. When the product is new, it's a roll of the dice. I'm eager to see them.

The applicator's unique slanted tip and short soft bristles allow for flawless application with perfect precision. If Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain meets my expectations, I'm going to have a new love. I've been a YSL lip color addict for many years.

Until March, Sephora is the exclusive supplier for these new lip colors. You can see them at this Sephora link. I've been assured that we'll be able to purchase them at YSL counters in March.

Update 1/18: I have tried two from my first order and wanted to let you know that you're not going to see much, if any, shine from these stains. Know before you order. Stay tuned for a "personal experience" feature.

Photos courtesy of YSL Beauté

22 comments:

Jenny P said...

Hello CharlestonGirl! ! I can not wait to get your opinion on these. You and I share a passion for pink lippies so I'm hoping one will be in your haul. Per your raving reviews, I ordered and love the YSL Pearl Milky Pink and the Dior Corrolle, love! Thanks for the time you put into the blog, it is sooo helpful!!

Yelena said...

Hi,CharlestonGirl!I ordered 3 shades from Sephora :6,7,19.I got them in the mail today.Love it!Love the smell(wine),application(very smooth,like water,not sticky ,gives nice shine,it does look like lipstick+gloss,very light).Love it!What shades did you get?

Charlestongirl said...

Yelena, looks like I ordered 3, 7, 15, and 19 to start.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Jenny, so glad you love your new lipsticks! Thanks for the kind words.

Nina said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I can't wait to see the swatches! I am completely pigment deprived, especially my lips, so I am lip stain obsessed. The colors on Sephora all look amazing!!

Cheryl G. said...

Holy Smokes Bat Woman! Some of these are priced at $25.00! Sephora made a boo boo? Placing an order now.

DivaDebbi said...

These sound amazing! I can't wait to hear more...

Evelyn said...

Ooo yay! I was wondering about these. YSL lipsticks and I have an acrimonious relationship but these look much more interesting to me.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Cheryl!

You have a good eye! I figured that was a mistake, but I also ordered them earlier tonight. Why would some be $25?

Charlestongirl said...

You going to shop, Nina? Take advantage of the ones marked $25 - before it changes? :)

Charlestongirl said...

They do, Debbi! I hope to get them tomorrow and feature as soon as I can get photos. I've now ordered nine of them. Such an addict.

Charlestongirl said...

Really, Evelyn? Maybe these will be the key to YSL lips for you. Look out!

Leigh said...

These look like genius. I have 5, 7, 17, 18, and 20 on my way now. I'm interested to see what 19 looks like.

The blog Drivel about Frivol has swatches of all shades except 19. I found them much more helpful than Sephora's vague swipes. :)

Mayra B said...

Hi CharlestonGirl,
Do you know if there are there any similarities to Chanel's Rouge Allure Laque? I'm looking for a replacement since they are discontinuing the formula.

Mayra

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh, I didn't find those little dots all that helpful, but...

I hope to have broad arm swatches this weekend. Come on, Sephora, get those packages to me!

Charlestongirl said...

Mayra,

I don't have my hands on it yet. Given the description, it's a natural assumption that there may be similarities with the Chanel Rouge Allure Laque. Until I try it, I really can't say for sure.

Yelena said...

After trying no.19, i was a little disapointed .It does not give much colour at all and looks like a clear lip gloss.:(

Charlestongirl said...

Yelena, my first Sephora order just came, and I went straight to #19, based on your comment. I also think #19 is kind of useless. It leaves a light pink stain on my lips, but I wouldn't have purchased that shade had I seen it first.

Can't comment too much yet on the others. Haven't had time. Not sure I see the "gloss" component of the stain yet. Need to play MUCH more to comment intelligently.

As usual, Sephora sent almost none of the samples I selected and substituted what is to me "worthless junk" that doesn't suit me.

Christina said...

How pigmented are they? Like a lipstick?

Charlestongirl said...

I don't know, Christina. I haven't had enough time. My first order just came, and I have only tried two. Stay tuned, my friend, and I will be able to answer a lot of questions later. Just too early.

The only advice I can give you so far is that there isn't a lot of shine, and the darker colors on the swatches will be best if you want some color. :)

Yelena said...

Totally agree,Charleston girl.I think that no.19 was not worth purchase.no.6 and 7 more pigmented and I like the finish,about lighter colours I am not sure.If I knew I would not have purchased no.19. :(

Beautella said...

I'm not sure if I'll like them, but can't wait to try