Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lancôme Le French Touche Absolu Nu from Rosaraie des Delices for Spring 2012

Lancôme has introduced a divine "bare lips sensation" lip balm/lip gloss hybrid with its Rosaraie des Delices for Spring 2012. Created by Aaron De May, Le French Touche Absolu Nu ($35) in Cotton Candy (#316) is a limited-edition shade. I can't figure out why it's limited. They could start a trend - perhaps a pricey one - but I'd be buying every new shade introduced.

The packaging, with its mint green diagonal stripes, was inspired by Lancôme's heritage lipsticks - fourth edition. This sheer pink shade was inspired by mouth-watering cotton candy, something I had to have as a child when we went to the amusement park in DC: Glen Echo, which closed long ago. Fortunately, we can still buy cotton candy at parks and fairs if we want an airy pink sugar treat.

Le French Touche Absolu Nu will enhance your natural lip tone in a veil of shiny, translucent color. The first ultra-caring lipstick with Lancôme's Pro-Xylane, it offers a new infinitely light texture, enriched with enhancing sheer pigments to reveal the radiance of beautifully replenished lips. Le French Touche Absolu Nu will adorn your lips with a delicate veil of color. It's right up my alley.

On my lips, it's pink - all pink - baby doll, cool pink. If it were a normal lipstick, I probably wouldn't like it. I'd say it's too light. The problem is that it feels so good, while providing a pop of pink color. Granted, that's not a problem, but it may be one reason you haven't read much "fuss" about it. Some may think it's too light for them. For fair-skinned gals? It's a perfect shot of pink for spring.

A few days ago, when it was frigid, I got arm swatch photos to show you. I willed my body to get rid of the goosebumps, as I ran outside in late-afternoon sun to snap photos. Clearly, my lips have more pigment than my inner arm does. I'll bet yours do too. That means that Le French Touche Absolu Nu will translate to its own shade on you. On me, it's a blue pink, with a color more like my second photo. I tried to get more oomph in the swatch photo above by finding a bright spot that didn't wash out the color.

If it weren't for the $35 price tag, I'd buy more of these. What I hope now is that Lancôme will see the light and make more shades available to us. Le French Touche Absolu Nu provides more color than the usual tinted balm, but much less than the usual lipstick. Additionally, Pro-Xylane restores moisture to the lips for up to eight hours, an extra-added benefit.

What do you think? I bought mine at Neiman Marcus. I've seen it at other Lancôme counters with the spring collection. It's also available at Lancôme's Web site, where there is a promotion. If you spend at least $75, you will receive a seven-piece gift. The totes are cute.

Photo at top courtesy of Lancôme; swatch photo by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does this compare to the Milky Pink YSL one? My lips are pretty pigmented so I think this will not be worth it for me.

Charlestongirl said...

Less color, Tracy. Think of this one as a tinted balm. It is pink enough that it will show on you, but I'd recommend you try before you buy, if possible. From your photo, I think you might like it.

Also, it's not as shiny as the YSL Milky Pink.

lov2read68 said...

That is just such feminine packaging! Trying to put my finger on what it reminds me of.....hat box maybe?

Charlestongirl said...

Hatbox, Love2read! Perfect! Or barber shop, not so perfect for us girls.

time4beauty said...

I think I have the same shade. But in electric light of Sephora I though that it will be more like sheer coral. Haven't tried it yet - just came back from vacation.

Charlestongirl said...

Let us know what you think Time4Beauty! Since I think it will be different on all of us, I'm curious.

Eileen said...

That's a beautiful shade and since my lips are a warm medium rose, I think it will work for me. Besides, I really do like Lancôme's pro-xylane formula. It's not as moisturizing or smoothing as Rouge G, but then it's not nearly as expensive either :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen! I know you can get to a store to try it. See what you think! Today, I noticed the creamy hydration outlasted the color.

Daly Beauty said...

HOLY WANT THIS!!! It sounds like my perfect lip product....

Charlestongirl said...

Very sheer, Jane, but it feels so good while looking pink!