Thursday, January 19, 2012

Clarins Instant Light Blush from the Colour Breeze Collection for Spring 2012

Clarins limited-edition Instant Light Blush ($28), featured with the Colour Breeze Collection for Spring 2012, is available in three shades: Vitamin Pink, Coral Tonic, and Brown Fizz. The fluid texture of this "liquid blush" glides onto the cheeks with ease to deliver natural-looking and luminous color. "Plant-based mineral ingredients smooth and sculpt the cheek for optimized light reflection." Beyond Clarins' description, I think this novel blush leaves extremely pretty, long-lasting color on the cheeks.

My attention was captured initially by the unique applicator. It's like a big paddle - or a large doe-foot applicator for the cheeks. After testing it in the store, I found that it applies and blends easily, so I purchased Vitamin Pink. The names of these blushes are "interesting." Ignore them and focus on the flattering shades. I've found that Instant Light Blush is very long-lasting - perfect for those who find that powder blushes disappear after a few hours of wear.

I applied and lightly blended the Vitamin Pink Instant Light Blush (with the applicator) for these swatch photos, which were taken in full sun. Isn't the color luscious? It's bright pink and beautiful. The shade has a touch of what I call watermelon, making it far more fun than plain-vanilla pink. While it may not be the color I blush naturally, it looks naturally pretty on my skin.

You'll blend it more thoroughly than I did for these photos. You can use the applicator to start blending, but I'd recommend you finish with your fingers or a brush. It's as pretty blended "out" as it is on my arm. It adds sheer, radiant color to my pale face. The other two colors round out the offering to ensure there's a shade for you. I considered buying Brown Fizz to use as a bronzer, but remembered that I have, literally, hundreds of bronzers. Sanity prevailed.

I think Clarins is often overlooked on beauty blogs, and I can't figure out why. Clarins offers trendy colors, quality makeup, and serious value for your dollars. I purchased "even more" from the Color Breeze Collection at Bloomindale's. I will continue to feature it here. The lip colors are next up.

The collection has arrived at the Clarins counter at Bloomingdale's and is also available at the Bloomingdale's Web site and at Nordstrom. It's available at Macy's and should be available at Saks. I checked the Clarins Web site as I was writing this feature, and I didn't see it there yet. I'm sure it will be available from Clarins soon.

Photo at top courtesy of Bloomingdale's; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Eileen said...

Powder blushers, cream blushers, liquid blushers, gel blushers, hybrid blushers . . . It's amazing how rapidly the choices in formulation have grown over the past few years. With a gorgeous selction of colors available in an abundance of different finishes, there's now something for every skin type and every desired look. My favorite is still powder with cream being a close second, but I do appreciate all the beautiful choices I've been seeing of late.

Charlestongirl said...

So true, Eileen! There's an option (or two or three) for everyone. I find myself using powder when I'm in a hurry and seconds make a difference.

Anonymous said...

This looks really pretty!!! I'm on a blush ban though. :( But it doesn't count if I get it as a gift. Hmmmmm....:)

Fleur-de-Liz said...

These look amazingly like the By Terry Rose de Rose liquid blushes (http://www.spacenk.com/product/shop+by+brand/by+terry/makeup/cheek/200002936+rose+de+rose.do) at half the price. Have you compared the two products? Thank you!

Charlestongirl said...

Tee hee, Tracy, you mean if you talk someone into giving it to you, say as a "Friday gift"?

nikki said...

Gorgeous! I think I need to get this. No, I know I need to get this! Great deal too!

lovethescents said...

I'm particularly interested at how you noted that it lasts longer than a powder blusher. After a few hours at work, if the adrenaline's not surging, my cheeks aren't blushing. This might be just right for work! I would just need to be sure I'm doing a good job of blending. I have a hard time with creamy blushers because I think I have on more than I do as I get rosey from the smearing on....

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents, try applying them with a brush. It will create less drag on the skin and won't make your cheeks red from pressure.

lovethescents said...

Thank you for the tip, C-girl!

Maggie said...

That does, indeed, look luscious!

I adore Clarins - their single eyeshadows are phenomenal, with wonderfully buttery texture and great pigmentation. I agree with you that the brand doesn't get nearly enough play, and I wonder if that's because it seemed a little old-fashioned and un-hip? Not in terms of content, but maybe overall aesthetics. I think they've been subtle revamping their look in the last year, and the packaging on the quads, the foundations and the upcoming lipglosses reflects that. Now it's still elegant, but more chic.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Maggie!

It may be the old "image." Don't know. Clarins has had nice makeup for years. Your points could indeed be the reason - well said, I think. If so, what a shame. I'll stay un-hip and get some great deals, while the hipsters buy Hello Kitty! :)

nikki said...

I ended up ordering this! I cant wait! I also got the Laura mercier coral temptations lip polish(all cuz of you!). On me, it is more coral. I have a good amount of red in my lips though. I took some pics for my blog, but they are not the best.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks for the kind words, Nikki! The color looks great on you.

What kind of camera are you using? I found that switching cameras (once I could afford it) made a world of difference in my photos.

Charlestongirl said...

Fleur-de-Liz, The By Terry blushes are more "liquidy." I was going to try to do side-by-side swatch photos today, but it was dark and gray out.

Unknown said...

i havent seen anyone use those..will they suit very oily skin and humid conditions?

Charlestongirl said...

Hard to tell, Mahwish. I have never experienced the conditions you life with.