Thursday, January 26, 2012

Electron, The Newest Addition to A DOZEN ROSES

There's a new member of the A DOZEN ROSES family: Electron ($95). I'm sure you remember the launch of the first three family members last summer. The newest addition will be available exclusively at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman on February 12.

Electron - clean, fresh, fabulous - is a shock to the senses. A DOZEN ROSES is unleashing a new, electrifying rose to create your bouquet. Is there anything better than the clean, fresh smell of flowers?

Electron's energizing fragrance is a stunning combination of "Electric Pink Rose" (whatever that is) blended with a jolt of green tea, violet leaves, and cattleya orchid and then supercharged with neon musk and A DOZEN ROSES' signature rose absolute.

I sing the body electric - Walt Whitman

I've had a chance to test Electron, and I love it. It opens with a dose of roses and violets, transporting me to a garden with the top notes. As the scent matures, I can smell the green tea, but I'll have to admit I don't know what cattleya orchids smell like. Many have no discernable fragrance, but hybridizers have been working to develop the fragrance of these orchids. No matter - the rest of the notes are lovely.

The bottle blooms in vibrant colors of lime green and bright pink. A fresh rose is juxtaposed against modern, abstract, original artwork showcased on both sides of the bottle. Lynn Welsh Emollo, one of two A DOZEN ROSES founders, created all of the art that has graced the bottles of A DOZEN ROSES. I had an opportunity to meet with her at Neiman Marcus a few months ago. At that time, I saw her amazing portfolio, including the design for the Electron bottle. What a talented woman!

I have no idea why those letters, "ADR," are superimposed on the photo above. What you'll see when the fragrance launches are the beautiful pink and greens spring colors. What you'll smell is even more exciting. Check out Electron when you get a chance - soon.

Photo courtesy of A DOZEN ROSES

4 comments:

lovethescents said...

Haven't tried any of these yet. It sounds very pretty and printempial, but I really don't like the name.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

What's wrong with the name?

Mary Ann said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
I have been curious about this line read your past blog about them. Goldrush interest me and so does this new scent. Are they longwearing?
I usually like scents similar to Angel. Thank You.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mary Ann!

I LOVE Gold Rush!

Electron lasts 5-6 hours on me. I will continue to test it. Not sure yet if my estimate is spot-on. I hope to get another sample. I really MUST buy Gold Rush (when my ship comes in). I've had decants only so far.

These are beautiful scents. Once I finish testing Electron, I will write a more comprehensive feature.