Thursday, January 12, 2012

YSL Beauté Golden Gloss for the Spring 2012 Candy Face Collection

YSL Beauté introduced two Golden Glosses ($30) for the Spring 2012 Candy Face Collection. I'm a Golden Gloss groupie, so I had to have both.

They are shown above, with Golden Peach (#50) on the left and 49 Golden Violet (#49) on the right. I think Golden Peach is a perfect name for #50, but I'm not sure about the name for Golden Violet. It's a stunning shade, but I'm not sure how it earned its name. I've never seen a wild violet in the shocking pink shade (only African Violets).

Golden Peach will give you your shot of tangerine for spring, but in a highly pigmented gloss. Both shades are highly pigmented, meaning your pop of color will provide definite pizazz. I took my photos in full sun, and I applied the glosses heavily to ensure even coverage on my arm, but the application wasn't extreme. The look is definitely not transparent. Anyone who thought some of the other glosses I've featured for spring were too sheer will see a definite difference with YSL's new glosses.

Golden Glosses offer a high-shine shimmer packed with sparkling 24-K gold flecks (0.2%) that create a mirror-like effect for guaranteed glamour. A complex of nourishing oils protect and hydrate for optimal comfort. They apply with a nice brush, and they are lightly scented with a subtle hint of mango - one I like.

I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. The spring collection is available at YSL Beauté's Web site and at YSL counters. I'm impressed with the shades. Will you be looking for them?

Update 1/14: According to one of my favorite YSL reps, these two shades are selling briskly. Everyone seems pleased by the high pigmentation. Look for them soon if you want one (or both).

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Resham said...

The hot pink one is LOVE! Thank you for the swatches...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Resham!

I love them both - but for different reasons. The hot pink is, well, "hot."

Mary Ann said...

Both very pretty, love golden glosses. How do you like the rouge bunny foundation? I am thinking of ordering, wondering if you still like. Thanks.

Maggie said...

Golden Violet is fabulous! I'm on a hot pink/fuchsia kick these days, and that one looks like a contender. Is the pigmentation on these typical of YSL Golden Glosses?

Charlestongirl said...

Mary Ann, love it more everytime I wear it!

Charlestongirl said...

Maggie, the Golden Glosses are ususlly way more sheer! These surprised me. :)

Rola said...

I will definitely look at them at Neiman's this weekend. I am a fan of the golden glosses too.

Dovey said...

Golden peach is so optimistic and lovely--- I've really been feeling peaches at this time of year :)

lovethescents said...

I was certain I posted a comment before but it isn't there anymore. Weird blogger.com!! Anyway, what I was saying was that I wasn't wowed by the colours when I looked at the packaging, but your swatches are so stunning! I am positively SWWWWOOOONNNINGG!!