Sunday, January 29, 2012

Charleston Girl Eau de Parfum

Can you believe it? There's a new fragrance called Charleston Girl! Kelly Gaskins, the creator of Charleston Girl, contacted me and offered me a sample earlier this month. Think there was any chance I'd say no?

Kelly is a native of Charleston, South Carolina. She was a journalist, but she had a passion: she wanted to start her own business. That passion, along with her love of Charleston and passion for perfume, led to Charleston Girl Eau de Parfum ($39.99).

The fragrance was inspired by Charleston, of course, and the women who make the city a special place. Kelly says, "If you ask anyone who visits my favorite city about the Southern women there, they will tell you that Charleston ladies are naturally smart, sexy, and sophisticated. They exude a confidence and charisma that lights up any room " I knew that! The women of Charleston fascinate me, with their Southern charm, beautifully kept homes, and Southern hospitality.

Charleston Girl Eau de Parfum is a sultry floral fragrance that opens with a burst of sparkling fruity top notes, weaves a delicate and sensuous floral heart, and finishes with a soft amber and sandalwood dry-down. With ingredients indigenous to Charleston, this beautiful fragrance captures the spirit of a southern belle.

Kelly played a major role in designing the fragrance to her liking. She teamed with perfume manufacturer Alpha Aromatics to make the vision of her scent a reality. "I wanted to create a scent that would appeal to the refined tastes of every Charleston girl and bring out the fun, fearless southern belle in every woman. She said she was fascinated to learn that many different scents can be combined to create a beautiful end result. I think she had fun taking her fragrance from concept to reality.

The young entrepreneur even designed the bottle packaging using Photoshop. The simple, modern bottle design was inspired by the graceful and natural beauty that distinguishes Charleston. The transparency of the juice reminds me of ocean water. A red bow adorns the neck of the bottle, suggesting that you can't take your eyes off a Charleston Girl. A cursive lettering on the bottle adds a touch of sophistication and charm - two qualities that personify Charleston.

The photos of "Charleston Girls" on Kelly's Web site belie the grace of Charleston and this lovely fragrance. The white dress and red gloves in one picture speak louder than the Charleston ladies I know. Don't focus on the photos. Instead, think about the charms of a Southern City and its residents, and you may be able to smell Charleston Girl from afar.

I like Charleston Girl. If you like soft floral fragrances, you will too. It reminds me of night-blooming flowers and the softness of a garden's fragrances tempered by sea air and the memorable scents of the city. If you'd like to try it, you can order Charleston Girl at Kelly's Web site. You can find it in many boutiques in South Carolina (with one in Virginia). They are listed at this link.

Photos courtesy of Kelly Gaskins

10 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh i must look out for this x

Nemo said...

Charleston girl, once again you've made my day! What an exquisitely perfect giftie for Valentine's Day! Will get it. thank you!

lovethescents said...

Oh how cute! The price is excellent. How absolutely fitting!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kirstyb!

Can you even believe there's a Charleston Girl fragrance? Now, I wonder what I'll name my custom fragrance when I create it...

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Nemo! Are you assembling a list for your husband? :)

Charlestongirl said...

It is a great price, Lovethescents. Priced to sell! We are so accustomed to those expensive numbers, like the $1500 CREED I bought not too long ago.

lovethescents said...

It IS priced to sell! I hope she does well :-)

BooBooNinja said...

Congratulations! I'm going to think of this as a fragrance made for and inspired by you! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Lookout, BooBooNinja! When I do design my own, you can bet it will be featured here. :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Pretty cool, CG!! It's as good as having a song named after you Congrats!