Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bobbi Brown Rich Color Lip Gloss from the Rose Gold Collection for Spring 2012

Everything you want in a lip gloss - and more. Rich Color Lip Gloss ($23) offers the look and benefits of three products in one: the full color coverage of a lipstick, the soft shine of a gloss, and the luxurious feel of a balm. The modern formula moisturizes and conditions, wears comfortably, and lasts for hours. The tapered applicator lets you apply it like a pro.

Rich Color Lip Gloss is available in four new shades that were launched with the Spring Rose Gold Collection. They are all perfect for spring.
  • Pink Sorbet - soft pink raspberry
  • Angel Pink - soft pink
  • Pink Gold - soft pink with gold pearl
  • Pink Cocoa - heather beige
I "had to" purchase all four shades. I'm an unrepentant gloss addict. How was I going to select one of these beautiful shades over another? I asked my sales associate to purchase all four for me, telling her I "needed them" the moment they arrived at Neiman Marcus. I knew they would take care of last week's new gloss longings. Do you ever get the feeling that a new lip gloss can make your day?

The new shades are shown in my photo directly above in numeric order left to right: Pink Sorbet (#9), Angel Pink (#10), Pink Cocoa (#12), Pink Gold (#16). They are also swatched on my arm in that order, top to bottom. My swatch photos were taken yesterday in full, morning sun.

Pink Sorbet is a warm, juicy pink. Angel Pink surprised me. It's much warmer than I expected. On my skin, it looks coral. It's pretty - just not what I expected. Pink Cocoa is very brown, with a hint of pink. Pink Gold? Light, shimmering golden pink - my "hands-down" favorite of the four. Pink Cocoa and Pink Gold shine more brightly than the other two, which suits my tastes perfectly. I can see the difference in "shimmer factor" the tubes. Bobbi sized up all her glosses to give us an extra dose of shine, and that's apparent in these new Rich Color Lip Glosses.

Pink Sorbet and Angel Pink are highly pigmented glosses. You won't feel a need to wear lipstick underneath them. Pink Cocoa and Pink Gold are more sheer. I can wear them with or without lipstick, although Pink Gold looks best on me when I wear a lipstick. The divine, shimmering shade of Pink Gold is stunning when worn with the new Rose Gold Shimmer Brick.

Bobbi's inspiration behind the Rose Gold Collection was simple and romantic: her treasured rose gold wedding band. She shared her secrets to wearing this season’s prettiest hue.

This collection offers the perfect shades of pinks, roses, corals, and plums to take your look from winter to spring. With two new Shimmer Bricks and an assortment of universally flattering lip glosses and lip colors, every woman will be able to find her perfect Rose Gold shades.

Do you see a shade you like? I think there is something in the collection for everyone, so make sure to look for it at your local Bobbi Brown counter or browse online. The Rose Gold Collection has arrived in most stores, and it's now available at Bobbi Brown's Web site.

There is a nice promotion at Bobbi Brown online now through January 27. Spend $150, and you'll receive two mini-palettes, Classic Day and Classic Evening, if you use the code ROSEG12.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

cytaormina said...

Beautiful colors, lovely swatches! Love your blog!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I honestly don't know which one I love the best! All of them? I think I'll be very democratic and just buy them all so none of them will be offended.

Nemo said...

Whatever happened to Mikey Castillo's new LMDB eye kit inspired, he said, by movie star sirens from the 30s? It was supposed to be available mid-now.

bardotchick said...

hi! thanks for the swatches--they look amazing! based on your gloss and lipstick swatches, any idea which gloss the model is wearing in the promo pictures? so pretty... maybe a gloss and lipstick combo...? thoughts?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Cytaormina,

Thanks much! I love them.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

That's wonderful. You just rationalized my purchase of all four. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo,

I don't know! No news.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi bardotchick!

Sorry...I don't know. PR didn't provide that info to me. You might ask via Twitter @BobbiBrown.

I've sent an e-mail to PR to ask.

Swathi Narumanchi said...

I had no idea that BB has a rich color gloss too ! Really beautiful shades though I am more of a lipstick girl.

Polarbelle said...

I am so glad you got these and swatched them. I eroneously assumed that they'd be really sheer, but they are darned gorgeous. And just the kind of gloss I know I will love.

Charlestongirl said...

Swathi, some of these highly pigmented glosses make lipstick lovers feel colorful. I love to wear pigmented gloss rather than lipstick.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Polarbelle!

I had also assumed that. I think I had forgotten that Bobbi's Rich Color Glosses were a different animal. I'm extremely pleased with them.

beautiful me plus you said...

I love bobbi brown, best make up brand ever :) love the angel pink, it looks just my kind of color!
great review! like your blog! x Marina

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marina!

Isn't that a gorgeous shade?