Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss

Oh happy day - the new Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Glosses ($22) arrived at Neiman Marcus. These gorgeous glosses, in three pink and peachy colors, are perfect for summer's sun-kissed faces.

Bobbi's new lip gloss offers gorgeous shimmer and high shine that glistens in sunlight and adds dimension to the lips - with or without lipstick. Pearls and clear pigments provide a pretty glow. Emollients add moisture, while the vitamin-enriched formula, with vitamins C and E, conditions the lips and offers antioxidant protection.

The new size upgrade gives us larger glosses - and the new doe-foot applicator will please many of us who didn't love the old, stubby brushes. I had a conversation with a beauty professional who preferred the brushes, so my love of the doe-foots may not be universal.

The lightweight formula is not sticky or tacky, and it's long-lasting. While Bobbi Brown says the shine can last up to six hours, nothing lasts that long on me. Even so, I find the glosses long-lasting - for glosses. They feel great on the lips. To me, they seem lighter than the older glosses, one of which I wore yesterday, so the comparison is fresh.

The three new shades are Pink Tulle, Citrus, and Bellini. These shades are shown above and on my arm, top to bottom. My photo at right was taken in strong mid-day sun, and the one below was taken in indirect light. All three sparkly shades are pastel and pretty. Pink Tulle appears to be a cool pink in the tube. Citrus appears to be peach. Bellini appears to be a pink-nude. On the lips, all are light and sparkling, with enough difference in color that I had to have them all.

When I was at Neiman Marcus, everyone was raving over Citrus - the color of the season. One gal put on citrus over a lipstick that was orange. It looked gorgeous. I wouldn't be surprised if the initial shipment of these beauties sells out immediately, particularly since they are limited editions. Everyone was raving over them.

The new glosses are available at Bobbi Brown online and at Neiman Marcus. If they haven't arrived at other Bobbi Brown counters, they will soon. They were scheduled for an April launch.

Photos by BTiB

8 comments:

Flyavsted said...

You are my new favorite blog!

Charlestongirl said...

Aren't you sweet, Flyavsted! Thank you. :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

These are incredible!! I got to try them out earlier this year and I love the new applicator and the fact that there is MORE gloss in the tube!! And it sounds like there are more to come in the future...!!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Lucky you, Mama Val! :)

There better be more of them coming. These are too good to be limited!

Anonymous said...

HI THERE! HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE COVERAGE? THANK YOU..

Charlestongirl said...

Hey gal!

If you mean pigmentation? Very light

If you mean intensity? Pastel

If you mean staying power where you put it? Excellent

Hope you meant at least one of these! :)

Miss Brahms said...

I love that I am pale with blue undertones but I could pull off the Citrus gloss with absolutely no problem - I was wearing a hot pink sweater yesterday, and the contrast between the peachy gold sparkle and the pink was enchanting. I for one do love the new applicator - the old bobbi applicators always got bent when you stuck them back in the tube. These are nice glosses and I wish bobbi would keep the size of the tube!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Miss Brahms,

I was lucky enough to see that, and I agree. The combination looked lovely! Happy Anniversary!

I would listen to insider Mama Val's hint. We will see more of these!