Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bobbi Brown Makeover at Neiman Marcus

With a little camera shake, Miss Brahms took this photo of Brooks Spencer, me, and Sarah Lavache (left to right) at Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria this afternoon. So, it's a little fuzzy! You never have wrinkles when the photo is out of focus (she says with a big smile). I see that my nose caught the sun from the skylight. Hmm...not in love with my nose - wish it weren't spotlighted. You have to look great standing next to Bobbi's beauties.

What fun I had! I don't really have time to give you the full run-down on the makeup Brooks and Sarah selected and applied. I will this weekend when I update you on my purchases. I have worked with Sarah before, and I adore her. She is so good at color choices, that I will always defer to her selections.

I'm pretty sure I've crossed paths with Brooks, but she had never selected colors for me. It was a lot of fun to get a fresh perspective. One thing Brooks did that really impressed me - she used Navy Eye Shadow as my liner because I have blue eyes. Her application technique was flawless. She made my eyes pop - green! There are certain colors that can make my eyes "turn" to green. Brooks did it.

Sarah chose some very pretty colors, and she experimented to help me decide that I needed the new Creamy Concealer Kit in Ivory, not Porcelain, which I had selected earlier. She also chose Pretty Pink Metallic Lip color, which I loved.

More about the afternoon later. Remember that InCircle at Neiman Marcus has started. There are many exceptionally nice gifts with purchase. Don't miss out.

12 comments:

Miss Brahms said...

What are you talking about! You are a hottie!!! I think that photo looks fantastic.
And, Sarah somehow was able to make your eyes look emerald green - you need to list the eye color she used on you for the benefit of other people who have that rare quality of chatoyance - your eyes can go green or blue depending on the surrounding color.
It was a FUN event, the Bobbi team is so professional and so courteous, and they go out of their way to make you feel special. The Bobbi-to-Go gift is awesome, as well - a great universal eye palette, a makeup remover and a mascara, all in a neat little box!! The first beauty book I ever read was Bobbi Brown Beauty, about 16 years or more ago - and a true test of time and quality is that her book STILL HOLDS UP in terms of color, application and style. What a pro. I love Bobbi Brown - she is a working mom, like me, and manages to make it look so easy.

Charlestongirl said...

OK, Miss Brahms...I made the photo larger. Thanks! :)

Yes, my eyes are strange like that. They aren't hazel, but certain colors make them turn green.

I agree - great people from BB! I really love them all.

The Rhapsode said...

Ok, I agree with Miss Brahms here... You look great, what are you talking about?! Also, I love your hair style. I really want to try those long side-swept bangs, but my hair's really thick and I don't have the time to flat iron.

Anyways sounds like you had fun, good for you!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Rhapsode!

I don't have bangs. :) That's just a very long layer. I don't even remember a time when I had bangs. It was so long ago that my mother was making the decisions about my hair. LOL!

Thanks for checking in! We did have fun.

Lucy said...

You look great in the photo! Looking forward to hearing details of your BB makeover. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lucy! Hope to get photos Sunday. Supposed to rain a lot tomorrow. Sigh!

Bonnie C. said...

You look LOVELY! So nice to see a picture of you (I've seen only a couple before), and you just look smashing! :-) I'm looking forward to hearing more about the afternoon.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Bonnie! Hope all is well. I'm glad you're back.

Nikkia (Silver Lips) said...

You look amazing in that photo! I'm with the other ladies "What are you talking about?" lol Looks like you had an awesome time. Looking forward to more details on your makeover :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks so much, Nikkia!

We still have to meet up some day - at a beauty event!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

You look gorgeous, as always! And I always feel a little bit better, prettier and more confident (a Bobbi-ism) after using her cosmetics (and you KNOW Bobbi would LOVE your nose!). Lovely!!

Charlestongirl said...

You are too funny, Val!

I met Bobbi once, and I don't recall her remarking on my nose. I will always remember that she told me to never wear red-toned shadows on my eyes. I went home and threw out the burgundy shadow I had.

She was right. It's the albino bunny syndrome. :)