Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chaz Dean: WEN Bath and Body Products

As I new Chaz Dean groupie (he hooked me with the Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner), I was delighted to be offered an opportunity to try his new bath and body products. The company sent me Lavender Nourishing Body Lotion ($32) and Lavender Body Cleansing Cream ($32). I don't know anyone who doesn't love lavender. It's one of the most soothing scents on earth. When I see a bed of blooming lavender, I want to roll in it like a cat rolling in catnip. Chaz Dean has the next best thing.

Chaz Dean's new bath and body products - all of them - are formulated with a nourishing blend of botanical ingredients. They don't have the harsh detergents in conventional soaps. Dean suggests you start a ritual. Your first step should be an "invigorating" bath or shower with the Body Cleansing Cream. I have to confess: Lavender is relaxing to me, which is great because it calms my mind when it's racing. That's OK, there are other scents for an invigorating experience. This very creamy, but non-lathering, cleanser deposits a moisturizer while stimulating collagen production to promote skin firmness and elasticity (I'm starting to see a need for this). I love the way it cleanses gently, and I use it as a "base" for shaving in the shower.

In your ritual's second step, you should apply the Nourishing Body Lotion - or the Bath, Body & Hair Oil - which applies easily, is rapidly absorbed, and provides long-lasting moisture to leave the skin soft, supple, and "glowing with health." I've adopted this ritual in the last week - morning and evening - and I'm delighted with it.

WEN's one-stop beauty products work seamlessly with each other to promote a balance of "beauty, mind, body, and spirit." With lavender, it works for me! Apparently, there are world-famous devotees of Chaz Dean products, including Gwyneth Paltrow (isn't she great in Glee?), Marcia Cross, Halle Berry, Charlize Theron, Diana Agron (more Glee), Daryl Hannah, and Drew Barrymore - to name just a few of my favorites. I think I'm in great company.

The bath and body products are available in lavender, fig, and sweet almond scents. There's something for everyone. I want to try fig next. It's too bad I placed a huge order from Chaz Dean's Web site about a week ago. I would have added fig to go along with the lavender I'm using every day. I ordered more Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner, some bath salts in different scents, and a few other things to try. A groupie has to be up-to-date on everything!

When I wrote about the Cleansing Conditioner, many of you commented. You discovered it before I did. I also learned at my office that many women had discovered it before me. When a colleague asked me how I got my hair to shine, and I told her I had started using Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner, she raved that her mother (probably my age) was hooked on it. Smart woman!

Head over the the Chaz Dean Web site. You'll be tempted.

Photo courtesy of Chaz Dean

No comments: