The Lifting Ivory (#532) palette is shown at top right, and Lifting Rose (#842) shown at left. Each, like the Lifting Grey I already featured, include five products. They are the first palettes of revitalizing, radiance-boosting, treatment-based shadows by Dior. The palettes bring together a new generation of luminous pigments and eye-care serum powders.
Here's what you'll get in each palette.
- A smoothing Lift Base, infused with skin-care ingredients, that you apply with your fingertips, gently sweeping over the eyelid and into the crease
- The color Serum Shadow, which you apply to the lid, starting at the inner corner and moving outward
- The contouring Serum Shadow for the outer corner of the lid and the crease
- The Radiance-Boosting Shadow to be applied with a light touch to the brow bone
- The Liner & Brow Structuring Touch with adjustable intensity to use as a liner and brow color
At left is a swatch photo of Lifting Rose, taken under the same conditions and in the same order. The pink shade near my wrist is the Serum Shadow at the top left of the compact. The Lift Base shows up a little more clearly because it has a pink tint.
I love the texture of all five colors. They apply like a dream with a regular shadow brush or a cream shadow brush. Because the shades are subtle, they are perfect for those who don't want daytime drama.
The ingredients, depending on the shade, include hydrators and the humectant sodium hyaluronate. The creamy Lift Base is particularly nice. It applies like a cream and attracts shadows without creasing. I'll use the base shades with many other shadows.
You can find the Dior 5 Colours Lift Wide-Eyed & Radiant Effect Serum-Enriched Primer & Eyeshadows at Neiman Marcus. I've scouted the counters for them at other stores and haven't found them anywhere else - yet. Don't make any decisions based on my swatch photos. Go see these beauties if you can.
Photos by BTiB