Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Guerlain Terra Inca Sublime Radiant Powder for Face & Body

Under some conditions, I might think it was amazingly confident for a company to use the term "sublime" in a name. Not this time! Guerlain's Terra Inca Sublime Radiant Powder for Face & Body ($70) is indeed sublime. This bronzer and its compact are stunning (Note: I'm even raving over the compact).

I finally found and purchased the Terra Inca collection bronzer at Nordstrom. I knew it wanted it. It was only after I got home and started playing with it that I realized that it is so much more than a pretty face. Instead of continuing to gush, let me provide a list of the features I love.
  • The compact is large, so you could use this bronzer on your body if you choose. You get a lot of product for the price.
  • The carved top of the engraved compact is gorgeous. If I had a vanity, it would sit there.
  • The magnets that enable the top to "snap" onto the bottom are extremely cool.
  • The bronzer is stamped and beautiful for gazing.
  • When I used it, I realized how extremely happy I really was. The color is a great one for me. It's close to the color I would tan - but I don't do that sun thing.
  • It's got some sparkle to it, but not enough that I worry about looking glittery in the sun.
  • It's easy to apply a light dose.
As usual, I'm not happy with my swatch photo. It was taken in full sun. I decided to apply the two shades of the compact (large outer ring and somewhat smaller center) separately, using a sponge-tipped applicator to ensure you would be able to see the shades in the photo. Then I used a kabuki brush to mix the colors, rolling it around in a circular fashion on the powder. I applied it heavy (too heavily, but I wanted a photo) to show you a better representation of how the colors appear on my skin when combined. The pretty bronze-rose tint of the outer ring isn't clear in my photo, but the golden bronze is.

The top shade on my arm is the outer ring of the compact. The shade below is the golden shade in the center. When I mix them, the overall effect on my skin is golden. It love the gold. Some bronzers make me look like I rolled in a mud puddle - it's the nature of fair skin - even when they don't do that to others. Guerlain's Terra Inca bronzer flatters my skin.

Here is what Nordstrom's Web site has to say about this beauty.

A skin accessory between design and desire, this powder is composed of two subtle pearl shades: a highlighting golden beige and a pink bronze. Together, these shades will embellish your complexion while warming the skin with an iridescent glow. The case mimics the extra-large wooden bangles worn by fashionistas, making Terracotta Powder the "it accessory" of summer 2011!

Amy had great photos at Café Makeup. Her blond daughter Liz modeled it, so if you didn't see Amy's feature, make sure to pop over for a look. Makeup like this makes me happy to be an addict.

As I understand it, the Terra Inca Collection for summer is available at Nordstrom and Saks.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This bronzer looks so gorgeous in pictures! It is far too shimmery and dark I think for me to use as a bronzer though I think. Possibly a blush. I think it is one of those products that may just be too beautiful too use!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi there, PerilouslyPale - love your name!

Give it a try at the store with a light hand and see what you think. It's not super-shimmery.

It is too pretty to use, but I'll get over that part. I don't want to spend another $70! :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Some cosmetics are so beautiful that I don't think I could bring myself to use them (cue Chantecaille's Sea Turtle palette...). It just kills me to break the "seal" on such a work of art!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Val,

Of course, as with all the Chantecaille palette, I bought two. One of for the makeup museum, which has turned my house into a boxed-up mess.

I am going to use this one and hope they remember the shades next year.

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

Love your blog. I am debating between Guerlain Terra Inca and Dior Aurora which most beauty blogs are raving. Terra Inca is all sold out in our local Nordstrom here in San Francisco, and I am able to hold the last one at Neiman Marcus. I don't usually use bronzer, I haven't found one that is not too orange on me ( I wear Armani Luminous Silk Foundation #5). Anyway, they don't have a tester, should I go for it?

Thanks.
Daisy

Charlestongirl said...

I would, Daisy. This one is not orange.

I am a Luminous Silk #2, so if any bronzer is going to go orange, it's on me!

Thanks too! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Charlestongirl! I will dash over to grab it before it is gone. I may finally find a brozer that works on me : )

Daisy

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

I finally got my Inca and looooooooove it! You are right, it is not orange, and the shimmer didn't bother me either. It is quite flattering on me, yippie! Thank you for writing back. I would have skiiped it otherwise. I just found out that Guerlain just put our another limited edition Terra Inca mosiac powder, the coveted list never ends : )
Have a great memorial weekend.
Daisy

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Daisy. I feel like I'm going out on a limb when I predict a reader will like something. Thanks for the feedback!