I finally found and purchased the Terra Inca collection bronzer at Nordstrom. I knew it wanted it. It was only after I got home and started playing with it that I realized that it is so much more than a pretty face. Instead of continuing to gush, let me provide a list of the features I love.
- The compact is large, so you could use this bronzer on your body if you choose. You get a lot of product for the price.
- The carved top of the engraved compact is gorgeous. If I had a vanity, it would sit there.
- The magnets that enable the top to "snap" onto the bottom are extremely cool.
- The bronzer is stamped and beautiful for gazing.
- When I used it, I realized how extremely happy I really was. The color is a great one for me. It's close to the color I would tan - but I don't do that sun thing.
- It's got some sparkle to it, but not enough that I worry about looking glittery in the sun.
- It's easy to apply a light dose.
The top shade on my arm is the outer ring of the compact. The shade below is the golden shade in the center. When I mix them, the overall effect on my skin is golden. It love the gold. Some bronzers make me look like I rolled in a mud puddle - it's the nature of fair skin - even when they don't do that to others. Guerlain's Terra Inca bronzer flatters my skin.
Here is what Nordstrom's Web site has to say about this beauty.
A skin accessory between design and desire, this powder is composed of two subtle pearl shades: a highlighting golden beige and a pink bronze. Together, these shades will embellish your complexion while warming the skin with an iridescent glow. The case mimics the extra-large wooden bangles worn by fashionistas, making Terracotta Powder the "it accessory" of summer 2011!
Amy had great photos at Café Makeup. Her blond daughter Liz modeled it, so if you didn't see Amy's feature, make sure to pop over for a look. Makeup like this makes me happy to be an addict.
As I understand it, the Terra Inca Collection for summer is available at Nordstrom and Saks.
Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom